SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well I finally replaced my ambi safety with the P238 Hammer Pivot Pin and the P238 Thumb Safety and it is working fine with no more biting the skin in the web of my right hand when the safety is clicked off (down)! I now have over 1000 rounds thru my P938 and not a single FTF or FTE! I did replace the standarsd G10 checkered mainspring housing with the all metal checkered MSH that I purchased. At about 500 rounds the sear spring sheared off the little round tab on the G10 MSH that keeps it aligned properly so I got the Alum. MSH to replace it and all is well!
I shot 1911's in compition for over 25 years and the only time I ever used the right side ambi safety was when the match called for a weak hand shooting(left hand for me)!!
The P238 Hammer pin was $3.00 and the P238 thumb safety was $15.00 orderedfrom Sig!! :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mine works perfectly as well. But I still wish I could get a set of grips that fills in the hole left by the removal of the right lever.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Mine works perfectly as well. But I still wish I could get a set of grips that fills in the hole left by the removal of the right lever.
Some of these folks who make custom grips- maybe they can make a set that accomodates your need.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Aviator,

Where did you procure the metal main spring housing? I'd love to replace the OEM G10 units on both my 938 and 238.

Thank you sir,
Jim

·
Registered
164 Posts
Excellent!

Hello to you sir! :)

Really? I'll jump on over to the Hogue Store right now and have a looksie.

Thanks so much,
Jim

Edit: Well I'll be. There they are, in plain sight! Lol!!! Good stuff my friend.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Request for pics

I don't know how to put pics in this forum but if you send me your e-mail I will send to U!!
Can you instruct me on how to send pics in this great forum?? Please!!:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
So would the reverse work, if I wanted to put the ambi safety onto a p238? It's my leftside gun and clicking the safety off with my left thumb is a bit tricky.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Larry,

In theory it should. But call Sig and check just to be sure. You'll need all three pieces to make it work. Left side thumb safety, right side thumb safety, and the correct hammer pin with right side "catch lip."

·
Registered
164 Posts
Most welcome sir! I called Sig CS yesterday morning and ordered a few natural SS bits for my new P238 HD. Kyle was a real pleasure to work with.

Good luck brother!

·
Premium Member
36,527 Posts
I don't know how to put pics in this forum but if you send me your e-mail I will send to U!!
Can you instruct me on how to send pics in this great forum?? Please!!:)
I do it two ways.
1. I reduce the file size of the photo on my computer. That works for several websites like Armslist also. When composing use the paperclip to open the copy box. I reduce to 14kbs and I can post all the pics I want.
2. I have an account at Photobucket. It is free and works real easy. Mark your libraries private. Use IMF and click-copy paste to put a full size pic up.
Use IMF thumbnail for a smaller pic that can be enlarged.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I finally replaced my ambi safety with the P238 Hammer Pivot Pin and the P238 Thumb Safety and it is working fine with no more biting the skin in the web of my right hand when the safety is clicked off (down)! I now have over 1000 rounds thru my P938 and not a single FTF or FTE! I did replace the standarsd G10 checkered mainspring housing with the all metal checkered MSH that I purchased. At about 500 rounds the sear spring sheared off the little round tab on the G10 MSH that keeps it aligned properly so I got the Alum. MSH to replace it and all is well!
I shot 1911's in compition for over 25 years and the only time I ever used the right side ambi safety was when the match called for a weak hand shooting(left hand for me)!!
The P238 Hammer pin was $3.00 and the P238 thumb safety was $15.00 orderedfrom Sig!! :)

From where did you find the aluminum MSH??

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
No video needed.

Remove slide
Place frame in large ziplock bag. Turn safety to on, then past on. Detent and spring will shoot out of te hammer pin.
Secure detent and spring to prevent loss.
Gun out of bag.
Rotate right side safety to remove from shaft.
Remove left side safety

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks very much! I assume it is easy to re install by going backwards. Just have to push detent and spring back in and hold there as I twist the safety counter-clockwise? I wanted to keep my ambi safety, it is just lose on the side for a lefty.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts