SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere out there is a spreadsheet that shows every single P365 and it's variants, with each dimension, trigger, capacity, etc. so that someone can make an easy decision without going to 20 different websites and 10 different LGS.

Sig doesn't want to be bothered by putting one up on their website because the confusion will have you buying 2 or 3 rather than the right one for you.

Does such a piece of information exist on one chart?

· Registered
1,016 Posts
As soon as the list was completed there would be 6 additions and 4 deletions.

SIG marketing is like no other in the industry.

I've read that a new P365 is fixin to be released in .357sig. I was revved up about it but I have no use for a 10 inch barrel. Or was it a 10mm with a .357 inch barrel?

· Registered
1,492 Posts
This goes some way towards this objective, focusing on weight:

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it really that confusing?

P365, which includes the SAS
P365X
P365XL
P365 XMacro
P365 Macro Tac Ops

As others have said, Handgun Hero is convenient tool.
Yes, it is.

Dimensional specs, sight differences, trigger differences, capacity, holster compatibility back to original 365, weight, etc

I love handgun hero for a visual size comparison, but it really lacks on specs.

· Registered
484 Posts
Somewhere out there is a spreadsheet that shows every single P365 and it's variants, with each dimension, trigger, capacity, etc. so that someone can make an easy decision without going to 20 different websites and 10 different LGS.

Sig doesn't want to be bothered by putting one up on their website because the confusion will have you buying 2 or 3 rather than the right one for you.

O/P

When the first P365 came out, it was called a P365 having a 3.1" barrel.
It has P365 on the slide and 10 round flat/pinky extension magazines, with an option to purchase 12 round extended magazines.
It is sometimes referred to as "Original P365", but still has P365 on the slide.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Starting pistol

P365

The P365XL was next. It was called a P365XL having a 3.7" barrel.
It has P365 XL on the slide, has a removable top plate for an optic, and flat/straight trigger.
When you install an optic on this version, the rear sights are lost.
It's easy to tell them apart without looking at the stamp on the slide by looking at the length of the grip and slide.
The XL's slide overhangs the grip by ~.6" and accepts flush 12 round magazines.

P365 XL Gen1

The P365X was next. It was called a P365X having a 3.1" barrel like the P365 but adopted three of the P365XL's characteristics.
Those are the grip that accepted 12 round flush magazines, the same optic cut, and the flat/straight trigger.
It had only P365X written on the slide.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Line Gun accessory

P365X Gen1

👉Here's where the Confusion begins.👈

I'm not certain which came first but SIG Sauer began to make a Generation two ("Gen2") P365X and P365XL.

The P365X Gen2 is the same as the P365X Gen1, except that the optic cut was moved to in-front-of the rear dovetailed sight allowing it to remain when an optic is used.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

P365X Gen2

The P365XL Gen2 is the same as the P365XL Gen1, except that the optic cut was moved to in-front-of the rear dovetailed sight allowing it to remain when an optic is used.
And the "L" was dropped from being on the slide, leaving only "X".
This was done by SIG Sauer to... A) Cut costs, B) Differentiate from the original P365, C) Both A&B.

P365XL Gen2

Hope this helps!
Certain I'm missing the SAS and other information. Others can feel free to copy and make changes and add to if necessary.

· Registered
484 Posts
The problem being???

· Registered
258 Posts
Yes, it is.

Dimensional specs, sight differences, trigger differences, capacity, holster compatibility back to original 365, weight, etc

I love handgun hero for a visual size comparison, but it really lacks on specs.
You did see the charts on Sig's page for each pistol correct?
Is there a site or source that has all this information/compatibility for a Glock 17 or 19?

You may have to do a little research to find out that there are only 3 sights that come with the pistol. SAS, factory white dots, and the X-Ray sights.

Holster compatibility.......another easy one:
P365 and P365X fit in the same holster. But you should be able to figure that out based on the specs on Sig's page.
Most if not all P365XL holsters will work with the standard 365.
Macro frame is different so they aren't compatible with the standard, X and XL frame.

· Registered
484 Posts
Macro frame is different so they aren't compatible with the standard, X and XL frame.
True but there is a caveat.
Below are photos of a P365X grip and P365 X-Macro grip in the exact same holster.

If you have an X-Macro only holster, in my case, the X grip will fit it by cutting the rubber adjustment grommet in half, using it, and tightening the adjustment screw.
If you have an X/XL grip only holster, a little heat in the correct areas (adding a 3/16" rubber grommet onto the existing one, maybe a longer screw) will allow you to slip in the X-Macro grip.

I did this to save $$$ and simplicity reasons.

Rectangle Bumper Metal Electric blue Everyday carry

Gun accessory Composite material Fashion accessory Gun barrel Metal

· Registered
258 Posts
True but there is a caveat.
Below are photos of a P365X grip and P365 X-Macro grip in the exact same holster.

If you have an X-Macro only holster, in my case, the X grip will fit it by cutting the rubber adjustment grommet in half, using it, and tightening the adjustment screw.
If you have an X/XL grip only holster, a little heat in the correct areas (adding a 3/16" rubber grommet onto the existing one, maybe a longer screw) will allow you to slip in the X-Macro grip.

I did this to save $$$ and simplicity reasons.
I remember seeing your post, but I don't want the OP to go buy a different holster and then it doesn't fit without modification......

· Registered
134 Posts
It's easy to tell them apart without looking at the stamp on the slide by looking at the length of the grip and slide.
The XL's slide overhangs the grip by ~.6" and accepts flush 12 round magazines.
Strange. I bought an XL and the slide fits flush with the grip. Every XL I've seen has this flush fit. I assumed the difference between the 365 and the 365XL was both, a slightly longer grip, and a slightly longer barrel.
The X was an XL without the "L"onger barrel.

Edited--incorrect about the flush fit on a 365xl
Thanks TSafe

· 🎖USN Retired
2,856 Posts

Short answer, no.

· Registered
258 Posts
Strange. I bought an XL and the slide fits flush with the grip. Every XL I've seen has this flush fit. I assumed the difference between the 365 and the 365XL was both, a slightly longer grip, and a slightly longer barrel.
The X was an XL without the "L"onger barrel.
If I understand you correctly, then you have a P365X not an XL.
The XL slide is longer than the grip module.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts