SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I posted several weeks ago regarding a FTE issue I had with my NIB Sig P320c. I'll tell the story again and give you an update with my current issue.

I purchased a P320c from my local gun shop and range at the beginning of December. After I took possession of the pistol I went to the range with Federal 115 grain, brass range ammo, I loaded both mag's and ran my paper out to 10 yards. I wasn't able to fire the gun more than two times in a row without the firearm failing to eject the spent case. I cleared jam after jam and then I grabbed the gun range manager to notify him of the malfunctions. He fired the P320c and the firearm continued to malfunction.

I called Sig customer service, they provided me with a RMA number and I shipped the firearm to Sig for inspection. The firearm was returned to me yesterday afternoon, inside the box was a letter from Sig's gunsmith. The gunsmith report advised me the barrel chamber and feed ramp were polished, the gun was fired 50 times using Federal 115 grain FMJ ammo and Federal Hydrashock JHP ammo by Sig's gunsmith. Lastly, the firearm was cleaned and lubricated to factory specifications per the gunsmith report.

I took the firearm right to the range when I got home from work. I loaded two mag's with Federal 115 grain, brass range ammo and pulled the trigger. The firearm failed to eject the spent case. The gun malfunctioned for my friend (my friend owns several Sig pistols including the Legion P226, a P220, P938, and MCX). The firearm also malfunctioned for the gun range manager.

The gun range manager grabbed the range P320c and swapped extractor's, my pistol ran flawlessly. There is no way Sig fired 100 rounds through that firearm without a malfunction. I am completely frustrated at this point. I feel like they lied to me. I'll be calling Sig's customer service this afternoon to discuss this issue. I'll update you all when I have something to update.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The gunsmith report advised me the barrel chamber and feed ramp were polished,
What has the feed ramp to do with extraction ? Nothing is the answer.
Polishing the chamber ?, that's a stretch, If an empty case goes in the chamber and can be removed with out any drama, as in turn the barrel over and it falls out, or a little help from a finger nail. All should be fine with the barrel.

Oil or grease in the chamber can make a case stick.

Round is striped from the mag and slides under the extractor hook as the slide goes forward, bullet hits feed ramp, top of barrel, straitens out goes into chamber.

Round has been fed, bullet fires and the slide comes back, the extractor goes back with the slide, extractor either has a grip on the case head or it does not, if it does it gets ejected by the ejector.

F T E --- does the case stay in the chamber ? does it come half way out and lay in the ejection port ? how does it fail ?

The gun range manager grabbed the range P320c and swapped extractor's, my pistol ran flawlessly.
Does this give you a small clue ? it does me, get a new extractor.
I would tell Sig the same thing you are telling us.

I also don't think the gun was properly tested, what they did is not how you treat an extraction problem.

Crying out loud,
that's like saying my car wont run, and the guy changes the radio antenna.

Putting in a new extractor takes about 2 Minutes if you only use one hand.
Be polite and tell them they did a ***** job not fixing your gun, then tell them they can have it back to do it again.

I hate sending guns back, I hate it even more the second time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What has the feed ramp to do with extraction ? Nothing is the answer.
Polishing the chamber ?, that's a stretch, If an empty case goes in the chamber and can be removed with out any drama, as in turn the barrel over and it falls out, or a little help from a finger nail. All should be fine with the barrel.

Oil or grease in the chamber can make a case stick.

Round is striped from the mag and slides under the extractor hook as the slide goes forward, bullet hits feed ramp, top of barrel, straitens out goes into chamber.

Round has been fed, bullet fires and the slide comes back, the extractor goes back with the slide, extractor either has a grip on the case head or it does not, if it does it gets ejected by the ejector.

F T E --- does the case stay in the chamber ? does it come half way out and lay in the ejection port ? how does it fail ?

Does this give you a small clue ? it does me, get a new extractor.
I would tell Sig the same thing you are telling us.

I also don't think the gun was properly tested, what they did is not how you treat an extraction problem.

Crying out loud,
that's like saying my car wont run, and the guy changes the radio antenna.

Putting in a new extractor takes about 2 Minutes if you only use one hand.
Be polite and tell them they did a **** job not fixing your gun, then tell them they can have it back to do it again.

I hate sending guns back, I hate it even more the second time.
I hate sending guns back to the manufacturer too. I knew the firearm had a faulty extractor the first time I sent it back, I even told the customer service rep the extractor looked deformed. I was stunned when I received the letter saying all they did was polish the barrel and feed ramp.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That SUCKS. They need to question whoever did the "work" on the gun. Maybe little Bobby needs to go!
Tell me about it. What really sucks is this is the first Sig I've owned. My friend introduced me to Sig with a P220 and I've been able to shoot all of his Sig pistols, not one of them has failed. After much reading and shooting I decided to purchase the P320c. I read Sig's customer service is very good and their pistols are reliable...I just want a firearm that functions.

·
Registered
260 Posts
..I just want a firearm that functions.
And that's As it should be, I guess you could just buy an extractor and put it in.
But that's a rub being a new gun an all.

Most time when a round stays in the chamber the slide picks up a new round and jams it against the case stuck in the chamber.

The drill it to drop the mag, sometimes it sticks and needs to be pulled out, then one--two--or three hard racks of the slide to get the case out.
RE-insert mag and get back in the fight.

I don't like to make the extractor jump over the case head, Ain't posed to do that, so at a range I lock the slide back, confirm empty case and not a live round, then use a wood dowel to push the case out, dowel should not be to small, don't want it to break.

Hang in there, we all go through this Sh--t once in a while.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I am in this with you. Own several Sigs. Never a problem (the reason I keep coming back). I've had to send my 1911 back. CS rep was bordering on indifferent if not bored altogether on the phone. I guess it seemed like he was doing me a favor by allowing me to send it in. Its got 160 rounds thru it NIB Emperor Scorpion. With is 6th and final malfunction it failed to return to battery. Final because now the slide is stuck in the rearward position and will not budge at all. I am holding my breath with you on this one.

Please don't tell me quality control issues again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey all,

I wanted to update everyone on the issue I had with my new P320 and Sig's customer service. I received my firearm from Sig yesterday afternoon. The gunsmith's note explained he disassembled the slide and replaced the extractor along with cleaning and lubing the firearm to factory specifications. Sig fired 50 rounds of Federal American Eagle 115 grain FMJ and 50 rounds of Blazer 115 grain FMJ with zero failures.

I went to the range last night and fired 150 rounds of Federal 115 grain FMJ with zero malfunctions. I also fired some Sig Sauer V-Crown defense loads with zero malfunctions. The gun ran flawlessly. My wife really enjoyed shooting the P320 too. The pistol is extremely accurate and is really fun to shoot when it runs the way it's meant to run.

I was disappointed with the way Sig's customer service handled the issue to begin with but they did right by me and fixed the issue albeit in a less than timely fashion. Sig sent me a extra P320 magazine as a courtesy and I appreciate the gesture. I have a pistol that works and is fun to shoot so all is right in the world...at least for today.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Glad to hear they threw in a mag for your troubles. That is the least they could do for you. My P320c is on order and the wait is killer. I have two other Sigs and they both run great. Looking forward to getting mine. Eventually we all get a busted one once in a while. Glad it all worked out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.