SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

First time poster here.

Ive been shooting IPSC production for a few years and, man oh man, do I love my X5. She has served me well, however, lately, I've managed to break one of my rear sighplate screws not once, but twice!

Does anyone know what the dimensions of those rear sighplate screws are? (Bear in mind, where I'm from we use Metric)
Would it be something you would be able to find in a hardware store?

I've attached a pic of the needed parts.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goggle is your friend.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/kit-320x-sight-screw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks...however...

Rest assured I googled it. I have contacted the site in your response. They do not ship to my country.

Also... was not technically the questions in my original post.

My questions related to the size and wether or not I will be able to find them in a non-firearms store.

But yeah...Thanks for the help...I guess.

·
Registered
109 Posts
They look like standard allen head cap screws, should be able to find them at a hardware store or some other kind of bolt supplier. Best way is to take a not broken bolt (very carefully not to lose it) to the store with you. Biggest problem I find with replacement standard type pistol bolts is, the hardware stores generally don't have them short enough. I recently had to grind down a bolt to length for my wife's sight plate retaining screw, it will get us by until I get an OEM. Good luck and hope you can find the right bolt. PS, welcome to the forum!!!

Reactions: Vesokoza

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
If it’s an X5 Legion, it’s M4 screws. If the old X5, it’s 6-48 filister head.

You can buy some from amazon or check your local hardware store. Take the remaining screw with you just to be sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts