SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
...waiting for a P320 AXG in .45 ACP
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been beat over the head in previous posts but...

Is the P320 Slide Catch Assembly Kit that's being peddled by Sig Sauer's website a lower profile than the stock slide catch assembly on the P320 AXG Scorpion? I wish to know if the new, separate assembly sticks out as far on the sides as one the P320 AXG (see attached stock pictures).

Thanks for the help / insight!

Reactions: hauki

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good question. My 2018 X Carrys came with slide catch levers that are flush to the frame (the low-profile). Also a smooth finish.
However my full size XF-RXPs and AXG Pro slide catch levers are flared out a tad, with a rougher grainier finish - much easier to operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I HATE how far the slide catch/release sticks out on the right side of the gun. I’m actually not a fan of its design period. Seems kinda cheap, sharp hard to work and flimsy. I mean it’s usable but not as good as some other designs. I’ve contemplated doing something about it but haven’t.

·
Registered
297 Posts
@Jslow maybe remove it and pinch it with pliers to lower the lever’s profile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone been able to purchase one of these kits for some firsthand intel? They've been sold out for a while now... (on Sig's website, that is)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Be careful if you find and buy one online with a "stock photo" because SIG is infamous for making changes to some parts and keeping the same part number. Sometimes, you never really know what you are going to get until it arrives.

OP - your photo is interesting in that it shows 40F/45. I wonder why this SCL is labeled to work on a 40 Full, but not a 40 Carry/Compact.

Note on my photo that SIG uses the same SKU (...6715) as the one in your photo, but in my photo, there is no 40F included - just 45.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh boy, here we go...

Glad you brought this up, as I was about to order one next week just to see for myself. I had no idea that there are different versions/sku's of the same thing...

Which one would be the correct part for the P320 AXG, the '9446 right?

·
Registered
577 Posts
first generation p320s had a simpler, flatter slide catch and for some reason, they updated the design of both the grip modules & slide catch assemblies.

They used to be like this and I prefer it this way.

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
first generation p320s had a simpler, flatter slide catch and for some reason, they updated the design of both the grip modules & slide catch assemblies.
<snip o' pic>
They used to be like this and I prefer it this way.

Me too. My 2014 320C came with the old style SCL and TDL (like the Armory Craft one). I prefer them both. Fortunately they work with the X Series Grip Modules (gm). I have Gen 1 gm's for a compact and subcompact. My full is a Gen 2 but switching SCLs is pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
So here some pics of the various slide catch levers (SCLs) I have. This is not all of them out there. It's pretty confusing given so many part numbers and SKUs for this dang thing. I've purchased these at different times over the past few years. The .45 one came with a Gen 2 FS grip module I bought on sale. More about the .45 later.

I think this is the 2nd one I bought, note that it has a sticker over the original part number. The pic next to it is the same bag with the sticker peeled back.

IMG_3542.JPG
IMG_3539.JPG

Not sure when I bought this but the packaging carries a different PN and SKU and KIT as a prefix. (no sticker this time)

IMG_3540.JPG

This one came with a fullsize, Gen 2 .45 grip module. The PN clearly says .45 but I'm not sure what's the difference. I know at some time, Sig included new SCLs with Gen 2 grips modules.

IMG_3541.JPG

Finally, I got out my 9mm 320 to look and see what I had in it. Again, this is from 2014. A few years ago, after the release of the new style grip modules, I bought an SCL that came in older Sig packaging. I don't recall exactly when and where I purchased it. I did buy some new style strikers (post upgrade) at the same time since they were extremely cheap. To my surprise, it has a .45 SCL in it. Note the .45 stamp next to where the takedown safety lever clicks in. I've had some recent issues using fullsize ACT mags, perhaps this is why. I'll check them again. I've not had any issues using Sig OEM mags. I put this one in to use my fullsize xchange kit which is a Gen 2.

45 scl.jpg

·
Registered
940 Posts
Which one would be the correct part for the P320 AXG, the '9446 right?
I think; yes, the SKU ending in 9466 will work with the current AXG, even if the package description doesn't state any caliber on it.

Below is a photo of two of the 9466 packages that I have.
The package on the left implies that it will work with ALL P320 calibers (same package that saudadeii posted). Mine came included with a Gen 2 grip module for a 9/40/357 FCU.
The package on the right excludes the 40F and the 45 that is shown in your original post photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would you happen to know if the '9466 version will stick out as far as the stock unit that comes on the P320 AXG Scorpion, or is it the exact same item?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts