SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - I'm new to the site so hope this gets out and is useful.

I found this site in my search concerning the scratches on my P320. I used the Kleen Bore cloth suggested and it did some good.

What I tried next seemed to do the job. I used Super Fine #0000 steel wool. It did the trick taking out all my scratches and smudges.

If you do this make sure you are aware that as you rub (and rub gently using as little pressure as possible to remove marks) you will create fine dust from the steel wool that must be removed from the gun as the dust will stick to metal and polymer to create rust.

I took the frame assembly out so I was just working with the polymer frame. After inspecting the work making sure I got all the marks out I then washed the frame with soap and hot water with a small brush, let it dry completely before reassembly.

Looks great for now. Guess Ill have to do it again as it gets a round of new scratches. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thanks for the tip and welcome from MD!

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
564 Posts
great 1st thread!

you should re-post it in the P250 & P320 Modular Pistols subforum within the Sig Sauer Pistols forum! I'm sure a lot of folks would wanna know this.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
I enjoyed your information.... thanks. Welcome to SigTalk. I hope you enjoy these forums. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum from Ohio

·
Registered
821 Posts
I tried one of those green Scotch-Brite pads. It cleaned up some fingernail scratches left on my P320 after being displayed at the LGS.

Cut a 1/2" x 2" strip and use very very very light pressure. It doesn't take much, so don't bear down on it and start scrubbing unless you're going for a brushed look. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts