SIG Talk banner

Sig P320 RX compact and adding a manual safety

18727 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Willard
I know these are fairly new and apparently not being manufactured with the manual thumb safety.

I do see there is a P320 (non RX) with a thumb safety.

My question is, is it possible to have a smith add the same manual safety that's on the non RX version to the RX version?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
377 Posts
From the 1 manual safety 320 FCU I saw it looks like its almost totally different. The slide from my standard non safety compact fit and functioned on the manual safety FCU and grip module.

I'd say the only way to achieve what you're trying would be to buy a thumb safety 320 compact and an RX compact, and switch the slides. Sig CS said they may offer an RX conversion kit at "some time in the future" the last time I called, so that might be an option down the line.

· Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the 1 manual safety 320 FCU I saw it looks like its almost totally different. The slide from my standard non safety compact fit and functioned on the manual safety FCU and grip module.

I'd say the only way to achieve what you're trying would be to buy a thumb safety 320 compact and an RX compact, and switch the slides. Sig CS said they may offer an RX conversion kit at "some time in the future" the last time I called, so that might be an option down the line.
Oh I was not aware of the possible conversion kit down the road.. Good to know.. I will wait and see if that pans out..

Appreciate the reply.. Thanks..

· Registered
287 Posts
Please don't take offense, not meant to be demeaning.

Do you have a job that requires using a weapon that has a manual safety?

The world's best weapon safety is one's brain.

· Registered
4 Posts
I'd like to add my name to the list of those interested in a manual safety for the P320RX Compact. I do not own this pistol yet and have only shot one pistol with advanced optics (Glock 19) and this ordinary shooter was extrordinary with that pistol. It sold me on the red-dot sight. My problem is my one good, but aging eye has presbyopia and near sightedness. I'm looking into buying a pair of shooting glasses that reverses the bifocal. But the red dot would solve that problem.

Back to the manual safety issue. I know there are people who think that only amateurs need safeties and if wanting an extra level of security makes me a wimp then so be it. I currently own one pistol that is SA/DA with a decocker that puts the pistol in a heavy pull DA. It has no safety. In DA with a heavy pull I feel like that is sufficient. Although I don't carry that gun due to its size (yet) I may when the weather is cooler and concealment is made easier.

One thing I'm trying to determine is whether the P320 is DAO and what the pull is? I've owned nothing but SA pistols, well, other than revolvers, and like to carry them Condition One.

This is my first post on Sig Talk, go easy on me.

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,082 Posts
Welcome to Sig Talk, from the southwest corner of Indiana.

The P320 isn't a DAO in the traditional sense, with a "hammer", that was the P250. The P320 is a "Striker Fired" pistol with a "consistent" trigger pull weight advertised between 5.5 and 7.5 pounds. It does have "integral" safeties, as the trigger "must" be pulled before the striker will release, and it has a "disconnector", where the barrel must be in "battery" before the striker will release.

The manual safety was a requirement for the Military Trials, and wasn't included in the P320s initial introduction...

You may get more pertinent information by introducing your self, and starting a thread in the sub section, for all things involving the P250, P320, and the newest P365, below.

http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p320-x-5-pistols/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.