SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Sig P320 Compact 9mm (which I am overly satisfied with). It is a beautiful gun, works like a charm, and came with two 15 round magazines. I was browsing the inter web and curious if the Sig Sauer 21-Rd magazine they offer for their "full size" P320 will appropriately fit my Compact version of the pistol. If not, what other alternatives do I have to a larger magazine capacity?

For reference:

Here is the link to the magazine I am speaking of:
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p250-p320-full-size-21rd-9mm-magazine-extended.html

And also my pistol:
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-fde-compact.html

Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know whether or not this is clear. I'm not sure if the link to this pic worked as intended.

Also, a big welcome to the forum from MO.

Thank you, I believe the arousal of my curiosity/confusion was brought up by this video which shows the magazine fitting quite well. Watch from the 1:25 mark until about 2:30..

https://youtu.be/OQRvBp1g0vQ

·
Registered
41 Posts
i just ran a two day class at sig with a 320 compact and two 21 round magazines that i borrowed, they worked perfectly. I did not notice the gap at all. I have large hands and was worried about the gap pinch. It did not happen. they are great magazines. If you live in a free sate and can get a hold of them i definitely recommend getting a few.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I believe I get the concept, there will be that extra space you can buy the xgrip to fill it. Thank you for the help and the welcoming :)
Great!

I personally don't like the x grip, but it is for purely aesthetic reasons. I prefer the Carry grip module.

You will likely hear some opinions that you don't even need an x grip adapter, because the gun will cycle fine with or without the gap there. That is basically true.

However, I have heard some people caution against doing that because people have a tendency to slam mags home. Without an x grip adapter, you may exert enough force to over-insert the mag and damage the ejector pin. See pic below from google for a rough idea of what I'm referring to.

I honestly don't know the extent to which the x grip adapter plays a functional vs. cosmetic role. Just know that there are differing opinions in this. Shotgun Plant Air gun Pipe

·
Registered
392 Posts
Great!

I personally don't like the x grip, but it is for purely aesthetic reasons. I prefer the Carry grip module.

You will likely hear some opinions that you don't even need an x grip adapter, because the gun will cycle fine with or without the gap there. That is basically true.

However, I have heard some people caution against doing that because people have a tendency to slam mags home. Without an x grip adapter, you may exert enough force to over-insert the mag and damage the ejector pin. See pic below from google for a rough idea of what I'm referring to.

I honestly don't know the extent to which the x grip adapter plays a functional vs. cosmetic role. Just know that there are differing opinions in this. View attachment 118114
The X-grip for the 15 rd magazine isn't bad, but it's a bit loose fitting. The only reason I use it is when I carry the subcompact small with my compact barrel and slide. The reason I go that route is when I want a thinner version of my compact setup. Also, it doesn't have the rail, so that makes it smaller too. To me the Sig is too top heavy for a subcompact, so the only way I'll use that config is with a 15 rd. mag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.