SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

I was installing the newest Apex Flat Trigger (2.0) - and I noticed something on my frame that I don't recall seeing before. I looked at a subcompact frame I have and I don't see this on that one. (I'm referring to the small crack on the frame within the white box area on this pic).

For anyone wondering, no it doesn't go all the way through, the bottom part of it is part of the frame.

Is this something I should worry about? I can't see what would have caused that to happen, the slide doesn't have any sharp edges, and I have only taken this to the range a couple of times so far. I'm pretty sure the Mil-comm TW25B grease I used on the slide isn't acidic.

Has anyone else run across this? is it normal?

Thank you for your feedback.

·
Registered
571 Posts
It's not a crack. It's molded into the frame. People have speculated what it's for but I don't think anyone truly knows it's purpose outside of Sig.

Please don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. It's perfectly normal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I wasn't trying to start a conspiracy theory - LoL - I just hadn't remembered seeing that on the frame before...and as I said my new subcompact frame doesn't have that on it.

Appreciate the info!...I am hoping to hit the range this weekend and just figured I'd check...better safe than sorry ; )

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats the slot where Hillary Clinton was going to put her RIFD chip in every gun, so they could track where it was 24/7. Sig decided to put that in the design in 2015 just in case she got elected, and it was deemed too much trouble to re-tool the polymer molds.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hole to install an RFID for inventory tracking. I suspect it's required for some police or military contracts.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Just took a closer look at a new, never used grip with the RFID tag slot. On the outside surface of the grip where the slot is (the side surface of the grip), it very slightly bulges out for the short length of the slot. I can see the bulge with a bright light on it at the right angle. More so, I can feel it when running a finger along the outside surface.

Anyone else have a slight bulge in the plastic next to the slot?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Chip a modular frame ?
Hey those grip modules are "valuable",just look at the prices fools are paying for them on E-Bay now . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just took a closer look at a new, never used grip with the RFID tag slot. On the outside surface of the grip where the slot is (the side surface of the grip), it very slightly bulges out for the short length of the slot. I can see the bulge with a bright light on it at the right angle. More so, I can feel it when running a finger along the outside surface.

Anyone else have a slight bulge in the plastic next to the slot?
My compact grip has the same slot and very slight bulge on the outside of the frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts