SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sig P250 .45 "BLACKJACK" edition? 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division

I am in a place called Hoffmans here in CT today , thinking I could use a nice inexpensive carry pistol.

I come across this Sig P250 .45 full size with night sights and "black Jack" acid burned into the slide. It also says OND 11-12 2HBCT 1CD right on the slide.
Came with three mags and complete case and looks like it was almost new?

So I cant belive the price? 289.00? night sights on any gun cost 100.00 plus just to have them installed?

So I buy it and I think I have a real nice Piece?

I have figured out just about all of the info:

OND : Operation New Dawn
11-12: Dec 2011
2HBCT : 2nd ? Brigade Combat Team
1CD : First Combat Division.
I have no clue what the "H" stands for?

It has a rail and its freakin nice.
Any one want to tell me the back story?
Should I look for the previous owner to try and do a good deed?
Just feel odd but could not leave it in the store. Had to have it.
Thanks for any info you may add.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The bottom of the page explains it all.

1st Cavalry Division - Operation NEW DAWN

look down to the December

These guys were the last ones out 2 weeks early.
I feel like this gun should go back to its owner?

Or did he or she sell it because it had to many memories?
I feel at odds with this . I was excited to purchase this weapon but now have mixed emotions.
Any opinions?

Also on 15 Decenber, exactly eight months to the day they cased their colors, Soldiers with the 2nd "Black Jack" Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division assembled again on Cooper Field and uncased their colors, marking one of the last units to leave Iraq in support of Operation New Dawn and allowing Soldiers to be home just in time for the holidays. The Brigade had operated primarily in the Northern Iraqi Joint Operations area.

Being home for the holidays came as a surprise to the Black Jack Soldiers. They didn't know until a couple of weeks ago that they would be back before the Christmas holiday, and they were very fortunate everything worked out.

Many Black Jack Soldiers agreed that being one of the last units to leave their footprint in Iraq made their numerous deployment rotations, loss of comrades and countless holidays away from loved ones well worth it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
While that is an incredible find, I agree with you that trying to find its rightful owner is the admirable thing to do. However, should you not choose to do that or not succeed you should do everything you can to protect that gun and store it for a very long time. My guess is that it will have substantial value in the future.

On second thought, you should just get rid of it. Bad mojo. Send it to me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
CTG8, Why not just ask the people at Hoffmans who brought it in and why?
I doubt that the pistol will ever have any extraordinary value although it is
an interesting piece. Sig may be able to tell you if the pistols were done in
house or if someone had the work done by a gunsmith/engraver. Some units
do have semi-custom work done like this and offer the guns to members of the
unit. If I couldn't find the original owner, I don't think I'd sweat it too much, I'd
use it as a carry gun like you planned. Shawn

·
Registered
40 Posts

2HBCT= 2nd Heavy Brigade Combat Team
1CD = 1st Calvary Division
The 11-12 most likely refers to the rotation of operation Iraqi freedom. OIF 1-3 was essentially the invasion and I believe 4 was the first election. So by 4-5 it corresponded closely with the year of the operation.

We had several offers to have weapons engraved while I was there by separate companies, not the manufacturer. Most or all had a minimum purchase of a specific number for the order to happen. So this could have been owned by someone in the unit, a second or overrun, or someone who bought extras so the sale could happen for the soldiers. Either way it's a unique piece for a good price.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
On second thought, you should just get rid of it. Bad mojo. Send it to me.
Eric, you don't want all that Bad Mojo! I on the other hand are immune to such mojo so you can just mail it to me once you look it over for a minute.:lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice gun at a great price. I'd just carry it with a great deal of pride knowing the history of the unit that it represents. Emphasis on "carry". :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for all the feed back.

I intend to keep it. My wife thinks who ever sold it may have had a reason " bad mojo" shes a beliver in stuff like that.

I will carry this piece! any sug's on a good holster? Raven systems? fobus got very bad reviews.
Thanks again!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Interesting find. I think you are making a good call on just using it for the intended purpose when you purchased it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
very cool gun CTG8! Im just glad someone that appreciated the significance of that gun made the purchase! Good on ya! Carry it and shoot the hell out of it. I own 2 P250 in 9mm (well one is my wifes) and a 45acp conversion to full size is on the way, you will love these.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Info about pistol

I am in a place called Hoffmans here in CT today , thinking I could use a nice inexpensive carry pistol.

I come across this Sig P250 .45 full size with night sights and "black Jack" acid burned into the slide. It also says OND 11-12 2HBCT 1CD right on the slide.
Came with three mags and complete case and looks like it was almost new?

So I cant belive the price? 289.00? night sights on any gun cost 100.00 plus just to have them installed?

So I buy it and I think I have a real nice Piece?

It has a rail and its freakin nice.
Any one want to tell me the back story?
Should I look for the previous owner to try and do a good deed?
Just feel odd but could not leave it in the store. Had to have it.
I was a part of black jack brigade, they are located in ft hood, Texas under 1 cavalry division. I've been looking for this pistol for years but haven't found one. These pistols are offered to soldiers right after their deployment in a war zone. I didn't take advantage of the opportunity and it's kicking me in the balls. It's a great memorabilia to pass down to your kids which demonstrate the type of war you were involved in "operation red dawn". The H on the pistol stands for headquarters. So this pistol was sold to a soldier in 2 nd Headquaters Brigade Combat Team in 1rst Calvary Division. If interested in selling I would love to purchase it.

·
Banned
3,163 Posts
Very cool. So its a presentation pistol, just like the presentation swords from the civil war...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts