SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Sig P239

4K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  SgtStash 
#1 ·
Thoughts on the 239 40 Cal?

I have the opportunity to pick one up for $500 with night sights and 2 magazines. Maybe 300 rounds through it...

#4 ·
The P239 is a great weapon. Some think it is a large and heavy weapon for the capacity you get. There are similar sized, lighter weapons available with higher capacity and smaller, lighter with similar capacity. But I find the balance and feel of the P239 to be hard to beat, in my hand.

If the gun is as clean as it sounds, it's at a fair price. You can run it in 357 SIG or 9mm by merely adding a SIG OEM barrel, caliber specific mags and a 9mm recoil spring.

Nice gun, good price. Added bonus, you can get a drop-in 357 SIG barrel and 9mm barrel, too.
Fixed it for you. ;)

#5 ·
Can't really add to what's been said... if it feels good... get it!! That's a reasonable price, if it only has had that many rounds through it... it really isn't even broken in!!

Reactions: USMC6872
#17 ·
I recommend that you pass one it, horrible balance, trigger etc ... So send my the contact info of the seller and just forget about that gun and go home to rethink your life! :cool:

Great guns, have held a few, shot one, on my want list soooo ^_^

#20 ·
I "like" the P239 but in 9mm. Just bought one.

If you're going to shoot 40SW and 357 sig, I prefer the P229. Little wider but the additional 2.5 ounces better tames 357 sig.

Reactions: bblr
#22 ·
I have one in 9mm and would prefer the 40 but finding one in 40 where I live is not possible. I am pretty happy with the 9mm. Mine had the SAS and SRT trigger which the trigger is a nice upgrade along with night sights. Might be a little big or heavy for some but to me I think it's almost the perfect carry gun. I have a 938 as well but choose to carry the 239 over the 938.

#24 ·
You can’t beat a P239-.40. It is what I carry. I just put new Trijicon HD night sights on mine...[/QUOT

I plan to order one when I can afford to but I'm satisfied with how the 9mm shoots and feels in my hand. I put Hogue rubber grips on it to make it feel a bit more comfortable but there is a slight opening on the back of the grip. Might need longer screws to clear that up but nothing that affects how it functions.

Not sure if every 239 is like mine but mine has the Sig custom shop logo on one side written in yellow/gold.

#27 ·
Shawn156, I just got the P239-.40, less than a month ago, from the local Gander store, for a little less than you paid. I guess it's due to their financial situation, they are trying to move merchandise, and are ready to deal. I just received and installed the "SRT" kit, after finding one in stock...

Attachments

#32 ·
My P239 is a DAK in .357sig with a CT laser. On my 3:00 as I write. The trigger pull is about the same as a DA revolver. This is my second one. The first is in .40s&w.

#33 ·
All "SD" weapons are a compromise of Power, Capacity, and Size. For me, in my hands and life. The 239 is, in my world, the best compromise available.

I used to carry a M 19 in 357. But Revolver Bulk was too visible (except when in a Bianchi 9 R shoulder holster).
I carried a Combat Commander in .45 for a LONG time, but was always concerned about Condition 1 issues. (Had a friend of mine have one go off in a Pizza Hut when he sat down. Seems that there were a few modifications that were NOT really as safe as he thought)

Had a Glock 19 for years. Then a Glock 23. Loved the .40 Caliber. I still do, but that is the subject for another thread.

Went to the 229 for a long time, but it was large and difficult to conceal. Holster did it's job but needed to get something with a smaller overall size.

Found the 239. I have just bought (from another member here) my 2nd one of those. I have them in .40, with a .357 and 9MM barrel and spring set as flexibility on the platform. I have all 3 mags for the calibers as well.

I firmly and confidently bet my life on them every day when I go out. for me, they are the ultimate compromise.

Reactions: Willard
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.