SIG Talk banner

Sig P239

3147 34
Thoughts on the 239 40 Cal?

I have the opportunity to pick one up for $500 with night sights and 2 magazines. Maybe 300 rounds through it...
Reactions: JDC and sigsrok
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Premium Member
The P239 is a great weapon. Some think it is a large and heavy weapon for the capacity you get. There are similar sized, lighter weapons available with higher capacity and smaller, lighter with similar capacity. But I find the balance and feel of the P239 to be hard to beat, in my hand.

If the gun is as clean as it sounds, it's at a fair price. You can run it in 357 SIG or 9mm by merely adding a SIG OEM barrel, caliber specific mags and a 9mm recoil spring.

Nice gun, good price. Added bonus, you can get a drop-in 357 SIG barrel and 9mm barrel, too.
Fixed it for you. ;)

Resident Armorer Premium Member

I have the opportunity to pick one up for $500 with night sights and 2 magazines. Maybe 300 rounds through it...
Can't really add to what's been said... if it feels good... get it!! That's a reasonable price, if it only has had that many rounds through it... it really isn't even broken in!!

Reactions: USMC6872

Registered
Do not wait any longer. Get it !!!!!!
P239 40 is a great gun. Compact, accurate & versatile.
I have the SAS model and it is one of my favorite SIGs.

Reactions: JDC

Registered
My Walkyrie's daily carry, very soft shooting for a .40 and waayyyyy accurate.

Mark me on the "you can't go wrong with it" bandwagon.

Registered
what every body said.
with a .357 barrel it's a a lot of fun!

Registered

I recommend that you pass one it, horrible balance, trigger etc ... So send my the contact info of the seller and just forget about that gun and go home to rethink your life! :cool:

Great guns, have held a few, shot one, on my want list soooo ^_^

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HaHa did Pick it up I will be putting up some pics. Unfortunately I'm not at my 25 posts yet and can not put anything up for sale. Ill be heading to the range soon. Ill be shooting the 229R, 320 Subcompact, and 239... all in 40!

Registered
I "like" the P239 but in 9mm. Just bought one.

If you're going to shoot 40SW and 357 sig, I prefer the P229. Little wider but the additional 2.5 ounces better tames 357 sig.

Reactions: bblr
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.