SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a Crimson Trace Laser Grip LG-439 for my new Sig P239 SAS. I have come across a couple of references saying the LG439 will not work with the SAS model. Then I have seen some others saying it works fine with the SAS. I didn't see any posts on this forum and I couldn't see anything specific on the CT website. Does anyone have any experience with this or know why it wouldn't work? I could see if it was a DAK version, but not sure why the SAS would be an issue.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called Crimson Trace. The customer service rep didn't really have a clue about it, but the best I could get from her asking around was that they have an issue with the P239 DAK. But, AngeloG has it on a DAK. I think the P239 SAS will be fine as long as it is a DA/SA. I may just have to try it and see if it works. They have a 30 day return policy.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't had it out to the range yet. I shot a rental version before I bought mine and loved it. For me, it felt better than my friend's P228. I also rented the P938 and my hand was tingling after 25 rounds.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I Have the CTC 439 on my P-239 9mm Diamond Plate Edition and they fit it very well. I like them much better than the factory Alum Sig grips. I am not sure how much diffrence the SAS frame mods have to the standard frame on mine.

·
Premium Member
38,073 Posts
Get them and if they don't fit just send em to me for my standard 239. :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just received the Crimson Trace Laser Grips (LG439) and installed them on my Sig P239 SAS Gen 2. The box says that it is not for SAS models. I suspect that may apply to the first generation P239s because it fit just fine on mine. Installation was effortless. I think Crimson Trace needs to update their sales materials because it works just fine. I suspect they are losing sales with their no-SAS disclaimer!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Being SAS and/or DAK will make no difference at all. The grip will work with the gun. The LG-439 is front activation and is my favorite grip for the Sig P239. I would use it even if there were no laser installed. Don't pay more than $250 shipped NIB for it; there are several places online you can get it for that price.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Sig228Nut, I agree with you. But the CT web site and even their customer service folks (I called them) say it won't fit. I didn't see any difference between the controls on the SAS vs regular models, so I went for it. CT said I could send it back if it didn't fit. Fits perfectly - no issues at all!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The Hogue G-10's are nice, but... God this hurts... Sig228nut is right on the money.
IMO, the CT grips are the best feeling after market grips. I love lasers and have them on anything I carry, but I'd want these grips on my 239 even without the laser, they feel that good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Hogue G-10's are nice, but... God this hurts... Sig228nut is right on the money.
IMO, the CT grips are the best feeling after market grips. I love lasers and have them on anything I carry, but I'd want these grips on my 239 even without the laser, they feel that good.
Perfect! That was the exact info I was looking for. Think this site is gonna come in handy......and get me in TROUBLE! Lol

·
Premium Member
38,073 Posts
Perfect! That was the exact info I was looking for. Think this site is gonna come in handy......and get me in TROUBLE! Lol
No trouble, but you will be spending some money. :D

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Be strong man! We're here for you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow, this thread is really old. I receive my p239 SAS Gen2 tomorrow, and have my LG-439 on order. I ordered it before I found the disclaimer about not being able to use it on the SAS model. I read the reviews on Amazon that says it works just fine. I had called Crimson Trace yesterday and they said the same thing. I called Sig this morning and they said there's no difference in the frames whatsoever, so I can't see why it shouldn't work. Anyone have more recent experience with this issue?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Stuck them on my P239 SAS a few weeks ago and they are GTG! No worries. CTC needs to fix the disclaimer.
Great to hear that. I'm all excited now. My p239 should be delivered tomorrow have to pay for my LG-439 :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok! I called CT again this morning, and FINALLY got a reasonable explanation it has nothing to do with SAS. But, along with SAS comes Gen 2 with its SRT. Since there's no safety on the p239, I guess it has it built into the back strap similar to my Springfield XD 45? With the LG-439 installed, there has been some issues with the laser grip to not have enough pressure to allow the trigger to function properly. It may happen only once in a thousand, attempts, but if that one attempt is meant to dispatch a bad guy (what most of us have the gun for in the first place), that's serous enough for CT to put that disclaimer on the box. Makes sense to me-- NOW!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.