SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a Sig P238 Sport and it is awesome.:D However I have a complete machine shop available to me and could easily surface grind the slide with a very fine stone to make it look exactly like an Equinox slide.:) I love the look of the Equinox guns!

I am 100% positive that I could do it without compromising the slide in any way but I keep thinking about what if down the road I had a warranty claim? I am pretty sure Sig would reject it once they ran the serial # and saw the gun.

Anyway, what's your opinion? Would you do it or leave it alone.

Thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts
You could buy a second slide and not have to worry about it. i usually just void warranties and hope i can fix future problems myself. but i figure if you keep the stock slide stock, and have a second slide to fiddle with, you can get the best of both worlds

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Nice idea!

I got a P220 Equinox in March. Really like the brushed slabs on the slide, with the nickel controls. A unique looking SIG, compared to all Nitron coated guns.

I would call SIG Customer Service and inquire about the warranty. Can't see why your project would affect your coverage.

Reactions: Garman

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,999 Posts
I don't care for the look of the Equinox, so you can guess where I come down on this question. But it's your gun and should reflect your tastes...not mine.

Assuming that you do a professional job on it and don't damage anything in the process, I don't see where SIG would object to performing warranty work on it. But if you call them and ask if it affects the warranty, they will tell you YES.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I was first looking in to purchasing a 9mm I called Sig Sauer and asked if refinishing a pistol would void the warranty, they said yes. They did say if their custom shop refinished the pistol the warranty would be fine. I ended up buying a CZ 75 Compact, had the finish stripped & chromed voiding their warranty.

If you really wanted the look of the Equinox and wanted to maintain the warranty, call Sig Sauer, talk to their custom shop and ask if they can refinish your slide similar to the Equinox.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not call Sig CS and ask if You can purchase an Equinox Slide.
The main reason is because I can mod my slide for $0 compared to buying a new slide that would run between $200 to $300 if I had to guess. ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I was first looking in to purchasing a 9mm I called Sig Sauer and asked if refinishing a pistol would void the warranty, they said yes. They did say if their custom shop refinished the pistol the warranty would be fine. I ended up buying a CZ 75 Compact, had the finish stripped & chromed voiding their warranty.

If you really wanted the look of the Equinox and wanted to maintain the warranty, call Sig Sauer, talk to their custom shop and ask if they can refinish your slide similar to the Equinox.
Would love to see a pic of the chromed CZ if possible

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.