·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
749 Posts
Trigger Pull Weight

I was thinking about purchasing one until I checked the specifications. The SAO trigger pull of 7.5 lbs is too high for my wants. It might as well be a DAO at 9 lbs. like my P290 with such a heavy pull. With the P290 I don't need to remember to flick the safety off before I fire it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yep, you should always buy what you like! I love my P238!!:D

Reactions: Sloggins55

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good deal, even though it only comes with only one 6 rd magazine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Also on Gunbroker there is a seller named THEATTIC who has a bunch of P238 models at no reserve. I watched a P238HD that sold for only $400 today.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/640827309

That is a great price for an HD model with two mags. I paid over $500 + shipping for mine about a month ago.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/640827309

That is a great price for an HD model with two mags. I paid over $500 + shipping for mine about a month ago.
The add said it only came with one mag. Also, that was the California legal model. You can see the loaded chamber indicator on top of the slide in one pic. Still though, for $430 with shipping, that wasn't a bad deal either.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Congrats! I'm generally drawn to the most expensive version of almost anything. But in the case of the P238, the Nitron, the least expensive model, is my favorite. I would replace its grips with Hogue brand checked G10 grips, but I'd do that for ANY P238 model.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Plus $30 shipping...
Yes, but that is still $100 cheaper than the HD that I bought a few months ago on Gunbroker. And I think I got a decent deal considering that the MSRP for that model is $834. It is an excellent deal for a P238 HD, nearly half price! The Grabagun deal is an excellent deal for a Nitron P238. It's MSRP is $679.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Keely Arms has the p238 Nitron for $399 with no shipping charges and no credit card charges. No sales tax (at least for the one I bought). It's on their deal of the day page. I think the deal ends tonight.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Their site shows one left in stock! Better hurry if you want it!!:eek:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Now Palmetto State has them for $399.99 with free shipping:

Sig Sauer P238 Nitron Micro-Compact Pistol

The differences are the grips and that it comes with one magazine. Some may also come with and some, like the Equinox, come with an upgraded front sight. But most differences are cosmetic.

FWIW, the Nitron lists for $679 - $715 on the Sig sight, so MSRP isn't much different than the others. These sales are getting ridiculous, though; and that's good for buyers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the email from PSA around 10:00 am and they were already sold out! lol Awesome price! I would still take my Sport that came with a nice Hogue grip and 3 mags for $435 shipped!! :cool:

Reactions: mikeheel

·
Registered
367 Posts
I was thinking about purchasing one until I checked the specifications. The SAO trigger pull of 7.5 lbs is too high for my wants. It might as well be a DAO at 9 lbs. like my P290 with such a heavy pull. With the P290 I don't need to remember to flick the safety off before I fire it.
Still a world of difference between a SAO and DAO trigger even if they were the same weight.

7.5 is still pretty high though. My 938 was a good deal less than that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.