SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have a Sig P238 Nitron that has been absolutely perfect. In the 400-500 rounds we’ve put through it there has not be a single failure. My wife decided she wanted a Sig P238 HD for the extra weight it has. It arrived yesterday and after cleaning and lubing it we hurried to the range with a couple of 100 count WWB and a handful of Critical Defense and Buffalo Bore. The Nitron was again flawless. The HD on the other hand had about 8-10 failure to extracts. The shells would fall freely from the chamber once I removed the mag and pulled the slide back. A visual look at the extractor and a comparison to the Nitron’s extractor revealed nothing of interest.

When I got home I found in the mail the 12 lb. recoil spring I had earlier ordered for the Nitron. I cleaned and re-lubed the HD, installed the 12 lb. spring and went back to the range this morning. I ran about 150 WWB and 50 Critical Defense and 16 Buffalo Bores through it and it was FLAWLESS!!! We’ll put a few more through it later today. I plan on calling Sig Monday morning and see if they will send me another recoil spring.

That’s my little Sig P238 HD adventure.

·
Registered
55,068 Posts
it'd great that she gives support, does she have a sister?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it'd great that she gives support, does she have a sister?
She does more than just give support. She absolutely loves to shoot and insists on having her own pistols. She shoots my CZ 75 B SA very well, but doesn't want to carry something that big and heavy. So she now carries a .380 with 8 rounds of Buffalo Bore.

No sister - sorry.

·
Registered
55,068 Posts
your lucky, my wife has a great dislike of firearms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts