SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Sig P229R serial number lookup

2K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  12131 
Apparently not all the P229’s from 2009 have the E2 grip. I have one with born on date of 11/09 and it has the original style grip. Of course the possibility exists it could of been changed.

Someone in this thread mentioned that by 2010 the change over to the E2 was standardized. However it’s all a bit still confusing to me.
Let me take a wild guess. Your P229 has the Legacy slide?

No, the Legacy slide is the original, when the P229 was born. The change over to the long external extractor full height serration slide E2 model was late 2009-start 2010. So, it is no surprise yours was still Legacy* model.

* Note that that the "Legacy" nomenclature did not exist in the beginning. SIG only gave it that name, when years after the current slide configuration has been in production, they started making the short extractor slide model again in limited number, to make the distinction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.