SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m trying to add a gray guns adjustable flat trigger to the P229c. In theory since it’s a 224 or 229 frame it should work. The 224 sized slide it just a tad smaller than the 229. But if your working on the trigger bar/trigger in the frame area it should be the same as the 229.

Any thoughts comments on the adjustable trigger on the P229c?

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
They're have been fitment issues with the Grayguns flat trigger in the P229C, but I believe that might not apply to the 9mm P229C. The P229C comes with the skinny short reach trigger and where it attachs to the trigger bar is shaped differently than the standard trigger.

See #44
https://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/370332-p229c-357-thoughts-pics-slide-pls-3.html

This was an issue in my P229C's in .40 & .357 Sig, it might be somewhere in the above post or elsewhere that the 9mm isn't an issue, I'm just not sure.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,788 Posts
If you have fit issues, I would suggest some photos showing your dilemma, since not everyone has one to look at.

My first inclination would be to check the Locking Insert for contact, as it is a different animal all together. Some of these GGI triggers are made to go with a specific GGI Trigger Bar, and the trigger pivot to Trigger Bar pivot points on the trigger may be too spaced to operate under the Locking Insert. Since the P224/P229C Trigger Bar is unique to those 2 models. As already mentioned, there was a situation where the trigger itself was too long, and contacting the bottom of the Trigger Guard itself. If this is the case, contact GGI, as they had a "shorter" version available to correct that problem.

I know contacting GGI, would get a "Send it to Us" response, and in all fairness, they normally recommend parts be installed by a knowledgeable gunsmith.

Reactions: Poppastar

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Thnkfrst has a good post about it somewhere here, I just couldn't find it. The trigger makes contact with the barrel lug. Easily remedied.

·
10,788 Posts
Reactions: Poppastar

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Kevin/OP in re-reading through some of these older posts I don't think you're going to have any issue with either the Grayguns or Armorycraft adjustable flat triggers as it appears the binding issue doesn't occurr in the 9mm P229C.

So go for it, it's a great upgrade!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They're have been fitment issues with the Grayguns flat trigger in the P229C, but I believe that might not apply to the 9mm P229C. The P229C comes with the skinny short reach trigger and where it attachs to the trigger bar is shaped differently than the standard trigger.

See #44
https://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/370332-p229c-357-thoughts-pics-slide-pls-3.html

This was an issue in my P229C's in .40 & .357 Sig, it might be somewhere in the above post or elsewhere that the 9mm isn't an issue, I'm just not sure.
How did you get around this issue? My gunsmith said there’s not enough room to put the slide with barrel back on the pistol. Sig CS is telling me it’s possible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the guidance everyone. My local gunsmith is also researching it also. I’ll keep you posted.

Sig CS says it should work.

If you have fit issues, I would suggest some photos showing your dilemma, since not everyone has one to look at.

My first inclination would be to check the Locking Insert for contact, as it is a different animal all together. Some of these GGI triggers are made to go with a specific GGI Trigger Bar, and the trigger pivot to Trigger Bar pivot points on the trigger may be too spaced to operate under the Locking Insert. Since the P224/P229C Trigger Bar is unique to those 2 models. As already mentioned, there was a situation where the trigger itself was too long, and contacting the bottom of the Trigger Guard itself. If this is the case, contact GGI, as they had a "shorter" version available to correct that problem.

I know contacting GGI, would get a "Send it to Us" response, and in all fairness, they normally recommend parts be installed by a knowledgeable gunsmith.

·
10,788 Posts
Thank you for the guidance everyone. My local gunsmith is also researching it also. I’ll keep you posted.

Sig CS says it should work.
This "chart" that ThnkFrst put together shows what parts the P229C shares with other models.

In this case the Locking Insert, and Trigger Bar are shared, the only real difference between the P229C Frame, and the P224 is the "length" of the grip itself. Something similar to Permatex Prussian Blue can be applied, to locate where contact between parts occur.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts

Good advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts