SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring has arrived even here at 7,500ft, so we're breaking out the summer carry pistols. 250rds today with P229 SAS in 357SIG, P225-A1 and HK P30SK in 9mm. Great fun shooting Federal HSTs, Lawman & Amer Eagle 124g ammo - all at 10yds.

P229 in 357SIG is a new caliber for this pistol. She now has 300 perfect rounds with this new 357 SIG drop-in barrel. This 229 is a combat hold with the front sight covering POI. She handles Federal's speedy HST 125g rounds like they were made for one another.

P225 seems to shoot better every time out. She is a classic SIG 6 o'clock hold. This is her 2nd CCW season, and shooting Federal HST 147g +P is a breeze!

HK P30SK is a very easy to conceal weapon. POI is just on the front sight's top edge. Her flush fitting mags hold 10+1 of Federal's HST 147g +P. Those extended mags hold 15rds - Yeah, this gal's STACKED with a lot of power in a very trim package!

We luv 'em all!!

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Looks like you had a terrific time with some very top tier pistols and good shooting too keeping pretty much all rounds on center of target.

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
Sweet!

One heck of a trio there. Couldn't agree more about the P229 in 357 SIG; it has a real nice rhythm. Don't you just have to wonder how the P225A1 would handle it?

But alas, we may never know. Must remain true to the legacy.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
The little P30 is a nice little gun.

Reactions: kansascity45

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fine weapons, and shooting. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks guys! Every spring I'm reminded how much lighter these 9mm CCWs are vs my 45acp guns. I mean, these pistols themselves aren't that much lighter, but carrying all that 230g ammo around all day is a very noticeable difference!!

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts