SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this gun up this weekend and let me tell you. I wish I never had gotten the opportunity to own this gun. It belonged to one of my best friends who recently passed away after a hard fought battle with cancer. We often spent free time in the back yard shooting guns and maybe more time shooting the bull. I had shot this gun in the past and knew it to be a good shooter so when his dad told me that I could pick a gun out of his collection for myself, I immediately knew this was the one I wanted. I haven't shot it recently, but anytime I do I will remember those many good times that we had. This gun is definitely one that will never be for sale and will be passed down to my 4 year old daughter (hopefully in the very distant future) who occasionally sat in the back of the truck with her ears and eyes and watched US shoot together while getting to try her hand with an airsoft gun. It may not be the baddest SIG in the world, but it undoubtedly a legacy gun.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

We are just stewards of things as we pass through life. There are certain objects that imprint memory more than others, firearms are one of those things.
I have the great fortune to have been gifted or inherited a number of objects/things that are more precious to me than anything of "material" value. For me these are tangible connections to loved ones that are no longer with us. It's a great privilege to hold these objects and memories and pass them from generation to generations.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for your loss.

We are just stewards of things as we pass through life. There are certain objects that imprint memory more than others, firearms are one of those things.
I have the great fortune to have been gifted or inherited a number of objects/things that are more precious to me than anything of "material" value. For me these are tangible connections to loved ones that are no longer with us. It's a great privilege to hold these objects and memories and pass them from generation to generations.
Very well said

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Very sorry--if your friend was your age, he passed way too young.

I'm sure he'd be proud to have you become this gun's new custodian, and even prouder to know your plans for its future.

I know you'll remember him every time it's in your hand.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Enjoy the Sig. The longer you are around in this life all of a sudden you find you are all alone. In the last two years i have lost a friend and a brother in law. We would call each other every Sunday for the last fifty years and talk about cars,guns, reloading and hunting. Now i find going on 77 years old i have no one to talk to that has any of the same interest in the hobby.

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Enjoy the Sig. The longer you are around in this life all of a sudden you find you are all alone. In the last two years i have lost a friend and a brother in law. We would call each other every Sunday for the last fifty years and talk about cars,guns, reloading and hunting. Now i find going on 77 years old i have no one to talk to that has any of the same interest in the hobby.
I'm sorry to hear that Angelo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.