SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a new SIG 229 Carry chambered in 9mm. Looking to see what others think about this model as well as modifications that can be done. Also when I purchased the 229C it came with a P229C 9mm x-change kit and I am having a hard time trying to see what the kit is going for if I was to sell.

Post some pictures of your P229C!!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,048 Posts
DOPETT, welcome to Sig Talk, from the southwest corner of Indiana. There is no doubt your X-Change kit is probably worth more than Sig is asking for the other models, of $407. Since Sig has dropped the P224 model, and the Carry model is basically a limited edition, it might be beneficial to keep the "kit" as spare parts.

Sorry, I don't have one to show...

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,999 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the P229C.

I owned one for a while and liked it a lot, especially the grips which were the best I've felt on a SIG. Unfortunately, it had some issues that SIG wasn't able to resolve and they replaced it with an M11A1. If you are interested, here is a thread covering most everything I learned about it plus lots of pics: http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/49257-p229-carry-house.html. The only mod I made to mine was to replace the stock short Trigger-7 with a standard Trigger-6 (better fit for me) and there were some issues with that which are covered in the thread.

IIRC, the CALX kits sold for $350 but since they are no longer in production you might find buyers willing to go higher. Not a bad idea to use it for a red dot platform or keep it for spares...or both.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,048 Posts
ThnkFrst, your previous experience should be valuable to DOPETT. Your thread was prior to my joining this merry band, and very informative. I figured just basic slide change, was involved, but apparently not, considering the locking insert has the forward slide rails. Unless I'm wrong, a person with a "normal" P229, could not just throw on his X-change kit, and have a "compact" model. His kit would only be viable to someone with a P229C, or P224 in .357Sig, or .40S&W originally for a "caliber change", or as in his case, as spare parts, or a slide for an optical sight conversion.

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,999 Posts
ThnkFrst, your previous experience should be valuable to DOPETT. Your thread was prior to my joining this merry band, and very informative. I figured just basic slide change, was involved, but apparently not, considering the locking insert has the forward slide rails. Unless I'm wrong, a person with a "normal" P229, could not just throw on his X-change kit, and have a "compact" model. His kit would only be viable to someone with a P229C, or P224 in .357Sig, or .40S&W originally for a "caliber change", or as in his case, as spare parts, or a slide for an optical sight conversion.
You are correct Willard, the P229C CALX kit will not work on a normal (real) P229. The locking insert with the integral rail being one issue, the different slide width being another and then there is the difference in takedown levers and barrel lugs which all combine to make it a NO-GO.

However, his CALX kit would work on a P224 because the P229C is really a P224 with a full length grip and not a (real) P229 with a shortened slide as SIG marketed it. The only difference between the P224 slide and the P229C slides is the roll mark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.