SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just a question. Was at the LGS today and saw A P229 Carry in 9mm. It holds 13 +1. It was A very nice pistol so I put it on hold. I don't see them on Sig's web page. Does anyone here own one or know anything about them? Thanks

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The carry was short lived wasn't it. I thought it was only available in 40 and 357 though.
I don't know what with them, must have gotten a new marketing vp or someone that has to make their mark, new web and a lot of their models are disappearing.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just talked to Sig. They said it was a very limited run and they stopped making them. As stated here it's basically a P224 on a P 229 frame. I could have read the magazine wrong it could be 15. So.... I'm not sure if I should grab it as a limited edition gun or if it will be more of a pain in the ***** trying to get holsters and party's for it. What do you guys think? It may fit holsters for the P224.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just talked to Sig. They said it was a very limited run and they stopped making them. As stated here it's basically a P224 on a P 229 frame. I could have read the magazine wrong it could be 15. So.... I'm not sure if I should grab it as a limited edition gun or if it will be more of a pain in the ***** trying to get holsters and party's for it. What do you guys think? It may fit holsters for the P224.
My opinion... it'll be easy to find replacements for the 229 parts, but any 224 parts are going to be harder to find.

If worse comes to worse, maybe you slap a 229 slide on it down the road. I lost interest in the P229C and the P224 just from the maintenance aspect alone.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
My opinion... it'll be easy to find replacements for the 229 parts, but any 224 parts are going to be harder to find.

If worse comes to worse, maybe you slap a 229 slide on it down the road. I lost interest in the P229C and the P224 just from the maintenance aspect alone.
Doesn't it have that wonky 224 frame with the front insert? Doubt a 229 slide would fit if so.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
P229c is a bit of a FrankinSig, especially the 9mm version which was never, as far as I can tell, advertised. All of the info you find will show it in 40 or 357.

I have one and it has run flawlessly in 9mm. The frame is essentially a P229 but as noted will not accept a P229 slide, only the P224.

I will be keeping mine because I really like the size quite a lot. It has made getting a P225 very hard as they are almost dimension-ally identical and it holds 15 rounds.

Correct that it does use the older 15 round mags not the new ones. But the up side is those mags can be found cheap. I think the last ones I got were like $15.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The 229C CAN use the older magazines, but it is without a doubt the 29-1 frame (newer frame). I know this because I have a P229 Scorpion with 229-1 magazines that work in the P229C. I have used P226 magazines(which are slimmer) and they do work in the P229c as well.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The 229C CAN use the older magazines, but it is without a doubt the 29-1 frame (newer frame). I know this because I have a P229 Scorpion with 229-1 magazines that work in the P229C. I have used P226 magazines(which are slimmer) and they do work in the P229c as well.
Yes, that is true. Sorry I forgot that. When I found that it would use the same mags from my P228 I just sold off the newer mags and got more to use between the two guns.

·
Registered
336 Posts
It was actually a Carry version. Was smaller than a normal one. It only had a 3.5 inch barrel.
Another joke by Sig!! How many different weapons can the make and label them P229. hell they make them in many calibers, Glock assigns different designators. P229 comes with rails and non rail. P229 comes with hammers and hammerless. P229 come single stacked and double stacked, P229 comes with fancy names and with a challenge coin, Some come with dash numbers -1.

Try to buy a holster for a P229, damn near impossible and if you find one you like, call first and see if the guarantee and will pay for return shipping if it don't fit

Aside from all my complaint about Sig business sense, love my cheap P229 E2 -1 9MM with a hammer and a rail. Even though I had to re make the Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig that was id'd as the one I needed. Re stretch, some cutting, because they didn't make one after all. Mine was for the older P229R9MM pre -1 days. When I am not using it as mt EDC my favorite Glock 19 is at the 5 o'clock IWB position. Guess what the P229R fits fair in that one also.

Suggestion to Sig, if you are making a completely different weapon give it a completely different ######

·
Registered
496 Posts
"P229 comes with hammers and hammerless. P229 come single stacked and double stacked."

P229 SPECIAL DEAL !!!
For Sale: 100 Acres of high and dry land in the Florida Everglades, $5.00 / acre. Bonus, owner will throw a unique hammerless, single stacked P229 to sweeten the sale.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.