SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Sig P229 “Special Configuration”

2142 Views 32 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  kaihuang
Just bought a LNIB unfired P229 “Special Configuration” model in 9mm. I already have a non railed P229 in 357 and also in 40 and have had my radar up for another one in 9mm. Avoided the M11-A1 to avoid being scolded by @firearmcollector for buying a “gimmick gun” (just kidding) 😉
So, this P229 was built in January 2020 and has legacy slide, night sights and SRT. Kind of cool to find a newly built non railed P229 Legacy already set up with SRT. Not rare but somewhat “scarce”.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
See less See more
  • Love
Reactions: 5
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Nice!
Reactions: 1
congratulations!
congratulations!
Thanks. 40/357, Non railed, legacy and SRT not too hard to find. 9mm LNIB built in 2020 NOT so easy. I really like this Sig.
Reactions: 2
Very nice, a couple of us own a twin of yours. I did a little research after a bought mine. I’m probably in error, but the Royal Guard started a new training program and had ordered P229s about the same time this special configuration series was built. It could very well be overruns from that lot.
Reactions: 3
Looks retro. But new. Great combination!
Would that be a E29-9-CC-LGCY?
No. This is more like the old Legacy P229 (9). No fancy G10 grips or the ugly rounded SIG logo on top of the slide. This one would be E29-9-SP.
Reactions: 5
No. This is more like the old Legacy P229 (9). No fancy G10 grips or the ugly rounded SIG logo on top of the slide. This one would be E29-9-SP.
Almost exactly what Q said above. See below. Some type of LE or Mil order most likely.
Automotive tire Bumper Font Tints and shades Gadget
See less See more
^^^^ Yeah, LE/Gov gun. Hence, the "W".
Reactions: 4
Would that be a E29-9-CC-LGCY?
No. I have a 9-CC-LGCY which has 13 round mags and the Sig logo on top of the slide. See below.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Bicycle part Bicycle lighting Cylinder Gas Gun accessory
See less See more
Reactions: 4
I guess this special configuration came in different configurations over the years. Quick search showed one with a beaver tail and rail from 2013. Sig 229 Special Configuration
Very nice, a couple of us own a twin of yours. I did a little research after a bought mine. I’m probably in error, but the Royal Guard started a new training program and had ordered P229s about the same time this special configuration series was built. It could very well be overruns from that lot.
Interesting. I find these “special order” Sig interesting for some reason. Last year I picked up a couple of P229 “Selects” that were part of an order placed by the US Supreme Court PD. They are “Selects” in every way but they didn’t use the Select brown grips or the Legion style reduced sized controls.
SIG NH can designate anything "Special Configuration" that is not catalogued item.
Reactions: 3
Just bought a LNIB unfired P229 “Special Configuration” model in 9mm. I already have a non railed P229 in 357 and also in 40 and have had my radar up for another one in 9mm. Avoided the M11-A1 to avoid being scolded by @firearmcollector for buying a “gimmick gun” (just kidding) 😉
So, this P229 was built in January 2020 and has legacy slide, night sights and SRT. Kind of cool to find a newly built non railed P229 Legacy already set up with SRT. Not rare but somewhat “scarce”.
View attachment 459410
This makes me feel like my M11-A1 is lonely and needs a sibling.
No. I have a 9-CC-LGCY which has 13 round mags and the Sig logo on top of the slide. See below.
View attachment 459427
View attachment 459426
Me too build date 3/20/2018.
Me too build date 3/20/2018.
My CC-Legacy build date was Feb 18, 2019
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.