SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found one or two of these old Mastershop 'colored guns' floating around and Wondered what others thought about these
pistols . . I've read some of the old Posts "back in the day" and seems that they weren't favored, one calling the Golden Dragon 'pooh" like sh__ , '*****' was another term referenced Ha ! I thought the gold accents were nice and reports are that they shot well from old U Tube's that are out there? Any of you guys had experience with them, still have them . . . ?? and what are you doing with them ? Collecting Dust or looking for New Homes ?? Some of the Models were X6 only, others were both X6 and X5

Saw an Old GunsAmerica Ad where they were Discounting them on Sale by almost $500 when they came out due to overstocking and Slow to move maybe . . ??

How many were made and how many years were they sold . . ??

Some of them were carried on by Gen 2 (e) Black and White I'm familar with

Luv the Site guys back after couple years , , Thanks for all the info !!

'

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
My personal ranking from most to least favorite of these "colored" Xguns:
  • Black & White
  • Blue Moon
  • Scandic
  • Emerald
  • Blue Pearl
  • Ruby
  • Gold Dragon
I refused to own any except the B&W.
The Scandic was also carried over to Gen2, beside the B&W.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Love the color of the Blue, hated the grip colors and wood types they chose.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Love the color of the Blue, hated the grip colors and wood types they chose.
The Blue Moon's grips are just typical checkered walnut. Nothing wrong with them.
The Blue Pearl's grips are the ugly ones to my eyes.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
  • Black & White
  • Blue Moon
  • Scandic
  • Emerald
  • Blue Pearl
  • Ruby
  • Gold Dragon
  • Black & White
  • Blue Moon
  • Scandic
  • Emerald
  • Blue Pearl
  • Ruby
  • Gold Dragon
Haven't seen all of them . . trying too . . (?)

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just acquired a Scandic X6 and X5 . . Grips are the Birchwood, like them a lot , still looking for Scandic Blue, others Not sure How many were made . . ??

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
This is an educated guess based on the introduction of the gen 2 x-series, but I think the colored gen 1 guns were discontinued sometime early in 2014. I'm sure if I am in error, I will quickly be corrected.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Here is another "colored" Xgun - The P226 Midnight. This one has no Gen1 counterpart, because it was a brand new model announced last year as SIG DE was closing up shop. The completed and proofed guns were not finished until this year, based on the CB date code. I suppose you can, since it has the gold accents, classify it as a "colored" gun. I really love the polished black job on the Midnight, and I would put it above the B&W in eye appeal, not because of the gold, but because of the polished black.

Now, we know that they made only 10 P226s in Midnight configuration (7 X-Sixes and 3 X-Fives) base on the letter by Hendrik Giessler, their Head of Sales. But, the production numbers of the rest of the colored Xguns are unknown, and likely will never be known.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is another "colored" Xgun - The P226 Midnight. This one has no Gen1 counterpart, because it was a brand new model announced last year as SIG DE was closing up shop. The completed and proofed guns were not finished until this year, based on the CB date code. I suppose you can, since it has the gold accents, classify it as a "colored" gun. I really love the polished black job on the Midnight, and I would put it above the B&W in eye appeal, not because of the gold, but because of the polished black.

Now, we know that they made only 10 P226s in Midnight configuration (7 X-Sixes and 3 X-Fives) base on the letter by Hendrik Giessler, their Head of Sales. But, the production numbers of the rest of the colored Xguns are unknown, and likely will never be known.
i would luv to know Production numbers on Midnight . .Think it is a Beauty and appreciate THEY DId Not Go Hog Wild on Gold accents and on ALL controls Just Trigger, Hammer and Screw . . Complete Understatement in Design, Format and Imagination! In Comparsion to All others, including P226 X6 Super Match and Club 30 examples . . .Really lets you Focus on the DLC polish and superb Finishing which is Marevlous, just , , Marveleous . . . to quote Billy Crystal . . Looks like a half Moon and Bright Star in the Midnight Sky

The Midnight . . So appropiately named . . . luv Mine !!!! Expecting another one on the Way . . Still looking for one Special other 'Colored Gun" The Scandic Blue . . Perfect Compliment I think . . .

Thanks 1231 . . Good Eye . . .

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
i would luv to know Production numbers on Midnight
Ten, as mentioned above.
Or, are you asking about the P210 Midnight number? That number is not known.
. .Think it is a Beauty and appreciate THEY DId Not Go Hog Wild on Gold accents and on ALL controls Just Trigger, Hammer and Screw . .
Totally agree with you on this.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ten, as mentioned above.

Margie is getting some real inside information . . maybe some could persuade her to keep running with getting More numbers Ha

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Ten, as mentioned above.

Totally disappointed at you didn’t post pictures. While I have no complaints about your prose, I come for the pictures;)

Reactions: Double Action Hero

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Yes, interested in number of Midnights 6 Produced and Midnight 5 , Cant find 5 anywhere ??
You missed out on this one, sold for nearly $14k back in March. :eek:

Totally disappointed at you didn’t post pictures. While I have no complaints about your prose, I come for the pictures;)
Will do in a separate thread. But, here is a teaser, the X-Six waving hi. :LOL:
The polishing job is amazing.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
You missed out on this one, sold for nearly $14k back in March. :eek:

Will do in a separate thread. But, here is a teaser, the X-Six waving hi. :LOL:
The polishing job is amazing.

That’s what I’m talking about(y)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts