SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Sig P226 RX?

847 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  186580 
#1 ·
Hello,
I just purchased a Sig Sauer P226 RX. I was wondering ... the serial # is 47A01614X

Can anyone tell me the year it was made and if it originally is an RX with Romeo 1

Thanks

#2 ·
That serial # predates the RX debut, since it's from 2013/2014 time frame.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks Wilard,
Thanks for the reply
I found out from owner now that it was a .22 originally. He sold the original slide and installed a 9mm RX conversion kit. He never mentioned that in the ad. I'm committed to buying it now but I guess it's still not a bad firearm even though its been frankenstined. See picture below

Here is what the ad said:
P226 RX 9mm
Armorycraft Adjustable flat trigger
Armorycraft skeletonized hammer
Coolhands G10 grips
Short reset trigger kit
2 Mecgar 9mm magazines

Attachments

#4 ·
I have something similar, in my case I picked up a P226 SAO in 9mm, and ended up picking up a RX slide assembly without a barrel, then installed a threaded barrel, and swapped slides out. I too installed an Armory Craft Trigger, and later, I picked up another P226 SAO, this time the .22 version, where I use the non-RX Elite 9mm slide.

Attachments

Reactions: 186580
#5 ·
So the .22 version frame is no different than the 9mm one? You look to have a good set up. I don't intend on selling this latest purchase so not super worried. I thought the price was cheap. He said it was a 226 RX but it really is not as it does not have original slide assembly.

#6 · (Edited)
Yes the actual Sig Sauer brand, and not the "Mosquito" once sold under the Sig banner.

Attachments

Reactions: 186580
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.