SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just purchased a Sig Sauer P226 RX. I was wondering ... the serial # is 47A01614X

Can anyone tell me the year it was made and if it originally is an RX with Romeo 1

Thanks

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,819 Posts
That serial # predates the RX debut, since it's from 2013/2014 time frame.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Wilard,
Thanks for the reply
I found out from owner now that it was a .22 originally. He sold the original slide and installed a 9mm RX conversion kit. He never mentioned that in the ad. I'm committed to buying it now but I guess it's still not a bad firearm even though its been frankenstined. See picture below

Here is what the ad said:
P226 RX 9mm
Armorycraft Adjustable flat trigger
Armorycraft skeletonized hammer
Coolhands G10 grips
Short reset trigger kit
2 Mecgar 9mm magazines

Attachments

·
10,819 Posts
Thanks Wilard,
Thanks for the reply
I found out from owner now that it was a .22 originally. He sold the original slide and installed a 9mm RX conversion kit. He never mentioned that in the ad. I'm committed to buying it now but I guess it's still not a bad firearm even though its been frankenstined. See picture below

P226 RX 9mm
Coolhands G10 grips
Short reset trigger kit
2 Mecgar 9mm magazines

I have something similar, in my case I picked up a P226 SAO in 9mm, and ended up picking up a RX slide assembly without a barrel, then installed a threaded barrel, and swapped slides out. I too installed an Armory Craft Trigger, and later, I picked up another P226 SAO, this time the .22 version, where I use the non-RX Elite 9mm slide.

Attachments

Reactions: topo4u20

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the .22 version frame is no different than the 9mm one? You look to have a good set up. I don't intend on selling this latest purchase so not super worried. I thought the price was cheap. He said it was a 226 RX but it really is not as it does not have original slide assembly.

·
10,819 Posts
So the .22 version frame is no different than the 9mm one? You look to have a good set up. I don't intend on selling this latest purchase so not super worried. I thought the price was cheap. He said it was a 226 RX but it really is not as it does not have original slide assembly.
Yes the actual Sig Sauer brand, and not the "Mosquito" once sold under the Sig banner.

Attachments

Reactions: topo4u20

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Thanks Wilard,
Thanks for the reply

P226 RX 9mm
Coolhands G10 grips
Short reset trigger kit
2 Mecgar 9mm magazines
Don’t sweat it, the frames are totally interchangeable. My P226-22 is also converted to a 9mm RX. FWIW, there was a time that you could buy the P226-22 for about $400 and the full RX slide for $500. Thus saving $300 from the $1200 price of a RX set up. Then you could sell the 22 set up for about $200.

I wrote about doing it on this forum a couple years ago.

I however kept the 22 set up and got a 40 and 357 kits. So I have a P226 that I can convert to any of the above calibers. Also sent it to Grayguns and had the trigger work done.

I thought about doing like Willard and grabbing the SAO too. But after I got the trigger done I just couldn’t see doing it.

Best pistol I own.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts