SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Show us your Naval Special Weapons SiG P226's here. Please NSW Sig's ONLY. Photos, commentary, range reviews etc...

from Wikipedia:

P226 MK25 Released in 2011, the MK25 has been advertised by SIG as being identical to firearm carried by the U.S. Navy SEALs. Features that help identify it amongst other P226 variants include the gold anchor on the left side of the slide and the UID identification label on the right side of the pistol, a mil-spec picatinny rail and the UID identification label being most important as SIG also has a firearm called the P226 Navy (item number: E26R-9-NSWG), which is listed as a discontinued product. Mechanically and functionally, the two pistols are identical. Other features of the firearm include an anti-corrosion coating applied to all of the internals of the pistol as well as to the controls and SIGLITE Night Sights.

From SiGSauer wweb site:
The SIG SAUER® P226® is the pistol that set the standard by which all other combat handguns are measured. The exceptional ergonomics and balance make this fullsize pistol easy to handle. Its longer barrel yields better ballistic performance and accuracy. The P226 MK25 is identical to the pistol carried by the U.S. Navy SEALs-the fleet’s special warfare operators. The railed P226 chambered in 9mm and engraved with an anchor on the left side of the slide is the official sidearm of the SEALs.

Item Number MK25
Caliber 9mm
Action Type DA/SA
Trigger Pull DA 10.0 lbs
Trigger Pull SA 4.4 lbs
Overall Length 7.7 in
Overall Height 5.5 in
Overall Width 1.5 in
Barrel Length 4.4 in
Sight Radius 6.3 in
Weight w/Mag 34.4 oz
Mag Capacity 10 or 15 Rounds
Sights SIGLITE® Night Sights
Grips Black Polymer Factory Grips
Frame Finish Black Hard Anodized
Slide Finish Nitron®
Accessory Rail Yes
Features UID identification label, anti-corrosion coatings on controls and internal components, anchor engraving
MSRP $1,142.00
CA Compliant No
MA Compliant No

I own three SiG P226 Navy mk25's; First one is my nightstand HD weapon (124gr Federal HST 9mm +P) mounting a Surefire X300. THe second mk25 is a NIB back up to the first and the third, to be pickedup Tuesday (1 new handgun every 30 days here in the PRK) is destined to be a NIB forever safe queen.

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to see some of those pre-rail p226 navy models, myself.
Yup. I'm actively watching for one to come up in the used market out here in the PRK to add to my collection.

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FYI.. all the Safariland holsters designated as fitting the SiG P226R (railed) will accomodate the P226mk25!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I like the absence of the serrations in front, but can't stand the rails either... :mad:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like the absence of the serrations in front, but can't stand the rails either... :mad:
I don't care for serrations on the slide. But I don't mind the rail on the mk 25. However, I do like the pre-rail frame as well and after seeing pictures of a p226 navy pre-rail, I have lusted after one ever since. Unless one comes along at the right price, ill stick with my mk 25s and German p226. 5 months ago I wasn't even into sigs, go figure.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I own three SiG P226 Navy mk25's; First one is my nightstand HD weapon (124gr Federal HST 9mm +P) mounting a Surefire X300. THe second mk25 is a NIB back up to the first and the third, to be pickedup Tuesday (1 new handgun every 30 days here in the PRK) is destined to be a NIB forever safe queen.
OK, now you're just showin' off!!

:)

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny you should say this.. I am in the process of closing the deal on a early NSW serial number "Navy" right now to round out my collection.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Ah, what the heck, I'll share ;) The Mk25 with the OD grips is my primary carry. Cleaned as soon as I purchased it, greased twice, has over 1,000 rds through it. So far so good. I plan on running it hard until I feel it is necessary to clean it. I plan on taking a class with it - hopefully next summer. I would love an NSW p226 Navy to add to collection if the price is right. But make no mistake, they all are getting shot.

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Ah, what the heck, I'll share ;) The Mk25 with the OD grips is my primary carry. Cleaned as soon as I purchased it, greased twice, has over 1,000 rds through it. So far so good. I plan on running it hard until I feel it is necessary to clean it. I plan on taking a class with it - hopefully next summer. I would love an NSW p226 Navy to add to collection if the price is right. But make no mistake, they all are getting shot.
Great collection! I am liking those olive drab grips more than I would have thought.

When I got my first mk25 that is my "shooter" I put the first 1500 rnds thru it without cleaning it just to see how its combat reliability was... And it didn't disappoint. I would not hesitate to bet my life on it going "bang" when called opon.

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ronin, how did you manage to track down a NSW p226?? Luck of the draw? Or do you have a line on more than one?
I just ordered BOTH Flat dark earth and Olive drab SiG OEM grips just to liven things up in the safe.

As for the NSW... hard work makes your luck.... :cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
" Its longer barrel yields better ballistic performance and accuracy."

Isn't the 4.4" barrel length the same as all P226 models except the tb and x series?

·
Registered
479 Posts
A couple of those look a little salty.

I guess they are about to be thrown away because the inventory stickers came off. Ha.

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
" Its longer barrel yields better ballistic performance and accuracy."

Isn't the 4.4" barrel length the same as all P226 models except the tb and x series?
Yup. All std P226's have 4.4 in barrels . I think that comment is in comparison to other SIG models..P228/229 etc...

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My newly aquired P226 Navy with a NSW prefix serial number. One of 2000 made. This one is numbered in the 130's.

From wikipedia:

U.S. Navy SEAL teams started using the SIG P226 in the 1980s.

The first Naval Special Warfare mil-spec P226 pistols to be offered to the public were the NSW Commemoratives, issued in early 2004. The SIG P226-9-NAVY is a version of the SIG P226 that is produced to the exact specifications of the pistols supplied to Navy SEALs, including special phosphate corrosion-resistant finish on internal parts, contrast sights, and a stainless steel slide engraved with an anchor to designate them as Naval Special Warfare pistols. SIGARMS raised $100,000 for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation through the sale of these NSW serialized pistols. The pistol bearing serial number NSW0001 was sold during a live auction on the nationally syndicated Laura Ingraham radio show for an additional $25,000. Later produced commercial versions also included a universal rail for accessory attachments while retaining the anchor and phosphated internal components but no night sights.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts