SIG Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is one is better between these two, column #2 and #3?
I'm buying a couple for spare (Sig P226, P229 & P239) and not sure which one to get. I don't know why one has SP2022 added and the other doesn't.

Reactions: Willard

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Thanks. I'll order one each. :)

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,825 Posts
The early pre-MIM machined extractors had scallops to identify...

#34224580 had 3 scallops, and was for P226 - .40, P229 - .40, and P239 - .40 models per Top Gun Supply

EXT40.jpg

#34224788 had 2 scallops, and was for P226 - 9mm, P229 - 9mm, and P239 - 9mm models per Top Gun Supply

EXT9.jpg

#1200459 / EXTRACTOR-1 replaces all previous, and includes P220 models

EXTlatest.jpg

Unsure as to version with 1 scallop, currently

EXTx.jpg

Reactions: TerminalSigness

·
10,825 Posts
Also MGWs description of Extractor-3 would appear to be for a Carbon Slide internal extractor with it's "fit list", so photo, is way off! In some cases it's because of Sig's propensity to switch part numbers, as between the "3422" prefix numbers, and the "1200" sequence, they used the Extractor-1, Extractor-2 etcetera...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

A-side.

B- side.

I put the extractor from the right on top of the left. Cannot tell the difference.

Both are identical. I wonder if they sent me the same kind. 😂

·
10,825 Posts
A lot is probably Sigs fault, when they changed "part number" designations, likely the Stock Code/Bar Code likely changed too... it's hard to say. Conversely, take magazines, when you get a Sig branded magazine are the stock numbers different between the Checkmate made USA marked magazines, and the Mec-Gar made Italy marked magazines? I haven't had any "packaged" magazines in so long, to have ever noticed.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apologize for the cra*** photos. Both look similar in person even the color/finish.

I will buy another one (extractor-1) to see if they made a mistake sending me similar one or not. Right now they are out of stock so I'll wait when it becomes available and come back here to update this thread.

·
10,825 Posts
Apologize for the cra*** photos. Both look similar in person even the color/finish.

I will buy another one (extractor-1) to see if they made a mistake sending me similar one or not. Right now they are out of stock so I'll wait when it becomes available and come back here to update this thread.
I have a suspicion, Extractor-1 will be a "historic" memory, as it is an "older" form of part number that Sig had used, replaced by the 1200459-R, which is why they look so much alike.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll put it off for a couple of months then. Wait and see if they update/change that particular part/number. Thanks!

·
10,825 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Top Gun's Description gives a little better insight... Sig Sauer P220 External Extractor - New Style - Top Gun Supply

Like I've said, it's the "SKU" that's known as "Extractor-1" by Top Gun Supply using the same "1200459" Part #.
Thanks Willard. TGS has more specific on the item and so I guess that's the reason why I received two of the same. The placement of 4 circle on side-A and 1 circle on side-B are mirror image of one another.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
This is of course, just another example of SigLogic. A few months back, I did an inventory of my parts bins, and was amazed at the amount of overlap between different parts numbers of different ages. When you add that issue to the packaged parts kits, its even more confusing. I made notes on the bags, referencing to the other numbers, and included all numbers on my inventory. Whew, too much like work. When I replace a part, I put the old part in the new part bag, listing the firearm it came from and the date.

Looking at the pics that Barang posted, brings up another subject. With all the negativity from some, as to MIM parts, using that process on extractors shows a certain amount of confidence in its reliability.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is of course, just another example of SigLogic. A few months back, I did an inventory of my parts bins, and was amazed at the amount of overlap between different parts numbers of different ages. When you add that issue to the packaged parts kits, its even more confusing. I made notes on the bags, referencing to the other numbers, and included all numbers on my inventory. Whew, too much like work. When I replace a part, I put the old part in the new part bag, listing the firearm it came from and the date.

Looking at the pics that Barang posted, brings up another subject. With all the negativity from some, as to MIM parts, using that process on extractors shows a certain amount of confidence in its reliability.
Dang! I should have done this ^^^. But instead, I transfer them in mini ziplock bags, labeled (model & caliber) them and put them in a storage bin. :confused:

·
Registered
21,612 Posts

I've been recording my inventory in an Excel spreadsheet with cross references. I'm a geek. LOL!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I've been recording my inventory in an Excel spreadsheet with cross references. I'm a geek. LOL!
By the time I’ve figured out how to do that, the info would be outdated.

I will admit to a little OCD behavior. While I get a certain satisfaction out of fully emptying a container, before opening another (this especially applies to construction materials), I also get a buzz from achieving a set amount of inventory. My life would be infinitely simpler if I was satisfied with “a house of straw”, but being a child of a child of the Depression, hardwired me to be intentional. :unsure:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts