SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
I may be wrong but it appears to be a P226 Enhanced Elite. The front sight has been changed out, the laser grips have been added, and it appears a short reach trigger has been added. You can call Sig and give them the serial number and they will tell you exactly how it left the factory.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
🎖USAF Retired
3,465 Posts
Actually, that looks to be a P226 Tacops. The front site is the give away. Also some Tacops had the short reach trigger that you have. Do you have the magazines, grips or the original box? The thing that makes me think it’s not an Elite is it doesn’t say Elite on the slide. To my knowledge Elites say elite.

The grips on that gun are not standard and would be a key part to solving this puzzle.

If it is a Tacops it would have long 20rnd magazines (unless a cali gun, then they would be 10rnd) Also there should be grips that are longer and have the magwell built in if it’s a tacops.

Here’s a link to what it should look like new and more info.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Actually, that looks to be a P226 Tacops. The front site is the give away. Also some Tacops had the short reach trigger that you have. Do you have the magazines, grips or the original box? The thing that makes me think it’s not an Elite is it doesn’t say Elite on the slide. To my knowledge Elites say elite.

The grips on that gun are not standard and would be a key part to solving this puzzle.

If it is a Tacops it would have long 20rnd magazines (unless a cali gun, then they would be 10rnd) Also there should be grips that are longer and have the magwell built in if it’s a tacops.

Ah, the Tacops model didn't even cross my mind because of the grips and mag. But you are right, the front sight and trigger may be the key. The mags would be the tell all.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

I was thinking the same thing. There is no ELITE markings on slide. Original box will tell.

·
🎖USA Retired
180 Posts
I think KenBry is on it. Same front sight and no Elite on the slide. Most of them that I've seen also has the short reach trigger. Not the original grips. I bet the mags are 20rd mags.
Good call.

·
Registered
11,751 Posts
Grips aren't right for any factory model I know of.
Elite slide would say "Elite".
Beaver tail, checkered front strap, TruGlo front sight = Tacops

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just for information Sig has been known to ship Elite models without the "Elite" engraving but with front serrations. Ask me how I know.

I also have an Elite without the extended beavertail in "special configuration" for LEO.

But I agree on Tacops.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you all for your responses, I didn’t get the original box and I think the mag holds 15 Ed’s, thanks though you all have me inspired that it is more special now and not just sentimental value,

·
Registered
466 Posts
Whatever configuration it is you have one of the best shooting and most reliable firearms on the market. Hang on to it and enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts