SIG Talk banner

SIG P226 and 229 22LR Magazines

1014 7
For those of you who own or might be interesting in owning one of the 22LR models, it is well known that the magazines do not hold open when the last round is fired.

Well, I came across a Canadian Company the makes Magazines that will lock the slide back......'GSdesigns'. If you Google them, they should pop up.

The reviews I've found say they work as advertised and exhibited no load/feed/ejection issues.

I have ordered 2 of there Mags and will report out once I get in hand and run them through my P229 22LR @ the Range.....Stay tuned :)
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,222 Posts
What was you "landed cost" per magazine including the price for the mag - freight - and any import duties to bring it into the US from Canada. I looked at these a year ago and as I recal the total cost was more than I was willing to pay.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sig P229 22LR Mag's

For those of you who own or might be interesting in owning one of the 22LR models, it is well known that the magazines do not hold open when the last round is fired.

Well, I came across a Canadian Company the makes Magazines that will lock the slide back......'GSdesigns'. If you Google them, they should pop up.

The reviews I've found say they work as advertised and exhibited no load/feed/ejection issues.

I have ordered 2 of there Mags and will report out once I get in hand and run them through my P229 22LR @ the Range.....Stay tuned :)
As promised, I would give you my'2 cents' on the CS Design Mags soon a I ran them through the Range.

I initially had a 'fail to hold open' on my last round on both mag's......however, I manipulated the lower mag 'adjustment' near the bottom center of the mag's and ran 50 rounds through each mag.....the hold open feature worked perfectly fine from that point on.

I do think CS Designs should put a FAQ up on their site talking about mag maintenance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.