SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here so please bear with me. I've had this since the early 90's. A friend told me that I can drop in a barrel chambered in 357Sig and the factory 15 rd
mags will function as they should. This was my duty gun and I do some off and on security work on occasion. I don't believe the 357 barrel will drop in a P226 in 9mm. This Sig is one of my favorite 9mm's. I should know the answer but I don't
and will not fire a round that is not chambered for the weapon..never have and never will. Here's a pic of my P226 9mm. Thanks in advance. Rick

Attachments

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,000 Posts
Rick, bblr is correct, as for installing a .357 Sig barrel into your slide. You "could" safely get a Caliber X-Change kit for a 226, in .357 Sig though. But with that early of a model it would almost be considered sacrilege.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Rick, I believe bblr got it right. What your friend probably saw was a P229 in 40 S&W. My mags are dual stamped with 40 S&W and .357 so I can add can drop in a barrel chambered in 357Sig.

·
P228 Sherpa
7,387 Posts
Even if someone made a .357 bbl, the folded slide was never designed to withstand pressure of the round, or the .40. That why SIG made the stainless milled slide, when they made the P229.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.