SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have any experience with this firearm, good or bad? Asking due to the fact I seem really attracted to one near by. Being a six round mag are these mags hard to come by?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The P245 uses the same mags, they are readily available. No downside tothe weapon, other than limited capacity. However, you can use the standard P220 8 and 10 round mags in the Compact/245.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have owned two, and love them!
For many, they are too heavy, limited capacity, and outdated DA/SA trigger system......

but for me, I love Sig pistols for their amazing triggers, and with the new short reset triggers, the P-series of pistols are top notch!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I love mine! It is a great pistol. If you bought one, you will not be disappointed. As far as magazines are concerned, I bought three extras from ebay (the Sig mags with blister pack on cardboard, 6-round capacity). There always seems to be plenty available there. Mine came from Reeds Outdoor Outfitters in Walker, MN.
I'd have to say the P220 Compact SAS Gen 2 has been as reliable as one could ask. Can't speak to the SA/DA qualms (if there are any...carry or otherwise), as it's really not an issue, IMO. Plus, let's face it, it's a good lookin' weapon. :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Why would DA/SA be considered outdated. I think it's the safest way to carry a semi and so do many more. The beretta Storms, FNX's and many others use this system. I am sold on it fir a carry weapon.
JR.
I know, but striker-fired pistols with DA only, or SA only, or.....whatever they consider those triggers, seem to be all the rage!

·
Banned
283 Posts
I own and shoot my P-220 compact.
Mine was made in March 2010.
It is single action only with a manual safety just like any 45 auto.
I carry it "cocked and locked" as it was designed for.
It has an "extended beaver tail".
It came in a Big blue plastic carry box.
It is made for off-duty carry, and is heavy compared to lesser size calibers, or poodle shooter calibers.
I love this firearm.
The recoil is comfortable, but I'm an old retired LEO.
The magazine holds 6 and one in the chamber = 7 rounds.
Larger magazines fit A+ if you want to use them.
7 shots are available very quickly.
When wearing shorts, Tshirt and out shopping, I feel very safe in the parking lot.
But that's me. 24/7/365 awareness of my surroundings is an acquired habit.

·
Premium Member
39,150 Posts
I have a 220 compact SAO and highly recommend the compact. I seem to prefer the smaller guns to full size.
You can use full size 220 magazines and have a very comfortable grip using x-grips.
I use them on my 1911s also. helps use my mags for double duty.

X-Grip Mag Adapter Sig Sauer P220 Full Size Mag to fit P245 P220

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those type of triggers may be the rage but have someone run 100 yards to get their adrenaline pumping and see which is safer. I own both but I carry a snubbie or if I need larger one of my Sigs.
JR

·
Registered
209 Posts
I really like mine. The only negative I could think of would be the 6 + 1 round standard capacity. Mags are easy to find & sell on ebay & in most gun shops in the $30-$40 range brand new. If it's priced right I would grab it.

·
Premium Member
39,150 Posts
Those type of triggers may be the rage but have someone run 100 yards to get their adrenaline pumping and see which is safer. I own both but I carry a snubbie or if I need larger one of my Sigs.
JR
There are veterans of WW II and each war after, to today, that used 1911s. I never really heard many that said they wanted a DA.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have one and really like it. It is surprisingly accurate for a small 45. Buy one, you won't be disappointed.

Don't get me started on the SA vs. DA/SA debate. I own SIGs because I prefer one of those over the other.

Mike

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Have one, good gun, like it better then the full sized 220s that I have a couple of, they seem too large and gangly for my taste. Only downside is the capacity, I end up carring an Ultra 1911 instead for the round count.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had mine about 4 months and couldn't be happier with the way it shoots, carries, and feels. The only thing thats noticeable is the weight, but that becomes a no-factor as soon as your get a decent belt/holster. A purchase you won't regret.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.