SIG Talk banner

Sig p210 .22 conversion kits

2149 4
Does anyone have experience with these conversions? I've tried Federal AutoMatch Target .22, which, in mine will not cycle the .22 conversion. I've tried CCI Stingers. They do cycle well, but they're fairly high velocity. I'm kinda worried about burning out the barrel. I've heard from onr guy CCI Mini Mags work; but, from what I've read, they have about the same ballistics as the Federal Automatch Target. Any ideas?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think that you need to worry about burning out a barrel with any 22 ammo. If it runs good, I would use it with no concern.

Thanks for the reply. The recoil with the Stingers was almost like a 9mm, though most of that is probably from the slide. I could sure tell the difference in the various .22 ammo I was using. I didn't have anything in between the ballistics of the Federal Automatch and the CCI Stingers to try, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,029 Posts
straycat23, try to look for something with CCI Mini Mag ballistics... plated bullets , from 36 grain @ 1280 fps to 40 grain @ 1235 fps. Those are "rifle" velocities, but what most manufactures list in their ads. The Federal Auto Match, shows a little anemic with a 40 grain bullet @ 1200 fps, but then it was developed for the 10/22, which will actually shoot most anything.
Most of these "Conversions" are looking for these CCI like ballistics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
straycat23, try to look for something with CCI Mini Mag ballistics... plated bullets , from 36 grain @ 1280 fps to 40 grain @ 1235 fps. Those are "rifle" velocities, but what most manufactures list in their ads. The Federal Auto Match, shows a little anemic with a 40 grain bullet @ 1200 fps, but then it was developed for the 10/22, which will actually shoot most anything.
Most of these "Conversions" are looking for these CCI like ballistics.
All my Colts pistols, i.e Match Target and the 1911 Colt .22 Conversions, love the Federal AutoMatch except for my Colt AR15 conversion. It needed the CCI Stingers as do my Winchester 63 and 74. Maybe I should try a box of CCI Mini Mags before I buy a brick. That is, if they ever become available.

I appreciate the response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.