SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a red dot sight. I currently am using a Vortex Spitfire 1X and would prefer a straight up red dot sight (without the dual ring reticles). I am looking for something that I can zero for 50 yards. Can anyone tell me if they have any of the new SIG optics red dots and what they think of them, please?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I don't have a Sig red dot, but it appears they are made by Holosun and branded as Sig. I DO have a holosun micro red dot though. I have beaten the **** out of that dot and it holds zero and works perfectly. Obviously it's no aimpoint, but for $170 I think it's a hell of a good optic. The new Holosun red dots have an option to switch between a 2 MOA dot only, or a 2 MOA dot with 65 MOA circle like an EOTech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have the Romeo 4 on an AR and love it. I got it cheap tho at a gun show. I don't think I would pay the $400 that most ask for it. I use Vortex on a couple of my other guns and really like them so far.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I just bought a used Romeo7. It's big and a little heavy, but if you like a little meat and a 30mm objective, it's great. Takes regular AAA batteries too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
No experience with Sig sights but I will say I love vortex. If you want a simple red dot, check their Sparc series, I'd personally recommend the sparc AR.

Oh, and their customer service is second to none. That's in the rare instance you actually have to call them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a Sig P320 RX that has the Romeo 1 optic. Unfortunately mine died on it's first trip to the range, the pistol and optic are both back at the Sig factory for repair\replacement. Seemed like a decent optic..until it died.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
The red dot feature that I like the best is "always on" with a long battery life. SIG uses Motac which is supposed to turn on instantly when it senses motion. Motac works on my Romeo4C and my Tango6, but it does not work properly on my Tango4 4-12x42. The Tango4 turns off in two minutes, but is hard to get back on unless you fiddle with the switch or bounce the rifle off the ground via the butt pad.

The "always on" red dots that I lie best are the Trijicon MRO (25mm objective) and Aimpoint PRO (30mm). The MRO has a lifetime warranty and the PRO has a 10 year warranty for non-professional users.

Bill

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have four different Sig optics (Romeo 1 on MK25-RX, Romeo 1 on P320C-RX, Romeo 3 on CZ Scorpion, and Romeo 4B on MCX) and none have given me a problem. Never had any other so I can't really compare. As of now I'm going to stick with the Sigs because they're clear, haven't given me any trouble, and the price was right.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The "always on" red dots that I lie best are the Trijicon MRO (25mm objective) and Aimpoint PRO (30mm). The MRO has a lifetime warranty and the PRO has a 10 year warranty for non-professional users.
Bill
It's hard to go wrong with either one of these, particularly if it's going on a defensive rifle. If it's a range gun then the Sig or Vortex should do just fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.