SIG Talk banner

Sig Night Sights

2060 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  campower
After reviewing search results, most night sights questions come down to which is best for our guns with varying opinions spanning all the available sights. My question is limited to Siglites versus the newer Sig Xray-3 night sights. How much better do you guys think they are? $100 better?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Not to me. I had them on a Legion. They are nice, but not worth the extra, for my uses. Obviously, preferences will vary.

· Registered
501 Posts
The Siglites will do the job in the dark and in decent to bright light (similar to the basic Trijicons and Meprolight Tru-Dots). I personally prefer the X-ray3 sights (just like my Trijicon HDs I have on two other pistols), but if they are worth the additional money is a personal decision.

If you have not purchased the pistol, I would buy the cheaper config with the contrast sights (which is $80 cheaper than the config with the Siglite sights) and spend the extra $50 and buy the X-ray3 sights on Amazon ($129 w/ free S&H with Prime). So if you have access to a sight pusher, or have someone that will do the install for you, I'd get the X-ray3 sights.

I just shot my P320 with the Siglite sights over the weekend at an indoor range and I can tell you they are really hard to pick up indoors compared to the X-ray3's, Trijicon HDs or Tru Glo TFX Pros I have on my other pistols. It was dim enough to lose the white dots (only front-lighting down range), but not dark enough to see the tritium glow.

With the X-ray3's or Trijicon HDs, at least the bright ring around the front sight will help... with the TFX Pros, both the bright ring and fiber optics will assist in picking up the sights. I will eventually change out the Siglites on my P320C to either the X-ray3 or Tru Glo TFX Pros.

PS - I apologize if you are already aware, but if you go the self-install road, be careful to choose the correct sights for your specific model/config (Full, Compact, 9mm, .40 S&W, etc.) due to the different heights of the front and rear sights (#6, #8, etc.) by config. I believe the Sig site and certainly a number of threads on this forum have addressed the topic.

Reactions: bumper

· Banned
5,101 Posts
The xray sights are very nice, but at the end of the day the standard siglites will do well. I've used both and would not pay the extra $100.

· Registered
193 Posts
My 45 came with the Siglite (Meprolight) sights - If I buy another P320 I would get the base model and pay the extra $60 over the Siglite version to buy the Xray sights -

That bright front sight is worth the price in itself, my PPQ has Trijicon HD's and I have a similar setup on both my Glocks -

No complaints with the Siglites but once you go with the bright front sight setups you will want it on all your pistols -

· Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, for the input!

· Registered
540 Posts
Get the xray sights, or Trijicon HD's. You will thank us in the morning. Once you have used a sight set with a highlighted front sight, it will be hard to go with anything else.

Yellow/Green or Orange, take your pick....

TXPO

· Registered
5,817 Posts
JohnK1987,

Good post! 'Bout covers it.

I like the Trijicon HD's, have them on two P229's. The Tritium vials are the same brightness in the dark as the SIG lites. The HD's have two advantages, the big orange (if that't the color you choose) front sight dot is fast to acquire. The HD's are a medium height sight, and this works well with a suppressor like the Osprey. You can see in the pic that the top of the suppressor just about splits the front dot, so the sights are quite usable without "sighting through the suppressor".

· Registered
2 Posts
After shooting glocks for years, the factory sights on my p320c seemed phenomenal! Love the glow, love the shape, love the easy aquisition.. a bit off topic, but as a dedicated polymer guy, this p320 is the only pistol I've been able to simply buy, shoot, and enjoy without doing a si gle upgrade. Quite refreshing. Over 2k rounds for me thus far (hot 357 sig loads) and not SINGLE malf of any sort!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.