SIG Talk banner

Sig MPX

1522 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  sigmpx2017
Thanks for the add. I recently bought two Sig MPX weapons. One is the "pistol" with the arm brace and the other is the rifle. I am amazed how accurate the rifle is out of the box. I can hit a 12" diameter gong out to 125 yards 25/30 times no problem. I would have never guessed a 9mm would be so good that far out. I am going to cut down some trees on my little farm so I can shoot out to 300 yds. I am curious to see how that will work with the 9 mm. Anyone tried it this far out?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
407 Posts
Thanks for the add. I recently bought two Sig MPX weapons. One is the "pistol" with the arm brace and the other is the rifle. I am amazed how accurate the rifle is out of the box. I can hit a 12" diameter gong out to 125 yards 25/30 times no problem. I would have never guessed a 9mm would be so good that far out. I am going to cut down some trees on my little farm so I can shoot out to 300 yds. I am curious to see how that will work with the 9 mm. Anyone tried it this far out?
I think Hickok45 would be very impressed!
https://youtu.be/C27E6cO62u0

Reactions: flatheadfisher

· 🎖USA Retired
1,302 Posts
Welcome aboard.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Hickok45 would be very impressed!
https://youtu.be/C27E6cO62u0
Yeah, I watched his videos before buying the mpx guns. I cannot shoot my pistol as well as he did in the videos. I was writing about my rifle which is much more accurate. It makes sense that it would be with a barrel that is twice as long. My surprise is that I didn't think the cartridge would be so good that far out.

· Registered
1,759 Posts
The MPX-C is limited by its 9mm cartridge. If you can fire a +P9mm at 1300 fps, the bullet drop at 300 yards would be around eight feet with the assumption of a 100 yard zero. At 200 yards, the drop would be closer to just over two feet from the 100 yard zero.

Most folks would zero the MPX-C at 50 yards which would require an even greater hold over.

The good news is that 9mm ammo won't break the bank if you try for 300 yards.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.