SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get an SBR and put a can on it. My local shop advised me on the set-up with MPX SBR with a Rugged Obsidian 45 on it. He suggested the can b/c it can be used with so many calibers (45, 9mm, I've even heard it can go on rimfires) which would be a nice option. I wanted to see if anyone has this set-up and their opinions? Also, I'm not at all familiar with SIG Cans or handguns. Do any of you try to stay with a SIG can on a sig pistol or carbine? I'm brand new to this forum, but this has been a dream set up of mine for awhile. Closest thing to an MP5 I can think of, unless someone has a better example. If you have the MPX SBR suppressed with anything and are extremely impressed I'm all ears. Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Welcome from Florida. You will probably have a better chance getting an answer to your question if you post it in the Sig Sauer Rifle section.

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
I have an 8" MPX pistol with an Osprey 45. It is an excellent set up. I concur with getting a 45 can for multi use. There is no real benefit in pairing a sig supressor with a sig firearm other than maybe aesthetics?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Welcome aboard from North Carolina!

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Welcome to Sig Talk! My experience is with running suppressed MCXs and SIG 516 rifles with SIG and Surefire rifle cans, and Osprey pistol can from SilencerCo on pistols. Your LGS's suggested setup sounds fine though. Rugged makes nice stuff and stand behind them with a no BS warranty.

The downsides of this approach may not bother you, but a 45cal suppressor will be slightly louder on your 9mm MPX. Also, I'm not sure of that can's max caliber rating. My SIG SRD762 suppressor is rated up to the 300Win Mag rifles I have. If you don't have, nor plan to own other 30 caliber type weapons, this max rating thing isn't an issue for ya.

Mention this stuff because going through the very LONG & PAINFUL waiting period any ATF approval requires - means you want'a take care of your future needs with these 1st applications. Heck, IMO even if that means spending a little more on that 1st can, it's worth not having to submit another ATF application couple years later...

Cheers

·
Administrator
40,418 Posts
Welcome from PA. Nice intro :lol: :rolleyes:

There's a forum that is better suited for your question: NFA - SIG Talk

·
Premium Member
7,607 Posts
Greetings and welcome to SIG©Talk from Alaska.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.