SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I came across a really good deal on a New 300Blk out 16" MCX upper kit. Of Course it is Blk- I have a lower on my 300 blk out Pistol. Of course it is grey.

I guess at one point in time Sig did sell MCX multi cal Lowers. I did call them and they said they will no longer sell them

I see Gun Broker has a couple for $1400.00 new but that is sort of nuts for just a lower.

Can someone tell me what they sold for when they were avail? Has anyone run across one recently for sale? I know I could just buy another brand of lower to use with the upper but that would sort of drive me nuts.. I guess you could say I am a purest.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just use an AR lower

If this is truly the entire kit, then you will get a trigger and rear stock adapter with the upper. I am running one of my MCX Virtus rifles on a Centurion Arms lower that I installed the Sig trigger and rear stock adapter. Centurion will do it for you if you don't want to try the trigger install yourself. Lower works perfectly and total cost was around $250 with shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
I gave up on another getting another MCX lower. As you discovered, they are horribly over priced when you find one.

So I'm running my 11.5" MCX upper on a Radian Arms lower I SBR'd. I use the SIG match duo trigger. It works fine.

My only gripe, is the loss of the sling swivel QD cups on each side of the lower, and that the QD cup in the adaptor isn't rotation limited. A temporary fix is some JB weld, to keep it from turning. It's not an ideal solution, as it with the swivel in the rear, it's annoying, but it works.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you So Much Guys, Any more Pictures of other builds with third party lowers would be appreciated. I know nothing about Ar15 Lowers, Any advice on what is a better way to go would also be appreciated. I most likely could do the trigger but would want it to be a complete lower to start with.. Any Lowers not to use? That wont work or would be bad to use?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thank you So Much Guys, Any more Pictures of other builds with third party lowers would be appreciated. I know nothing about Ar15 Lowers, Any advice on what is a better way to go would also be appreciated. I most likely could do the trigger but would want it to be a complete lower to start with.. Any Lowers not to use? That wont work or would be bad to use?
There are a lot of quality AR lowers out there that you could use. BCM, Aero Precision, Radian are just a few that come to mind. I use Centurion Arms https://centurionarms.com/ a small bourtique AR builder located in Indiana. The owner, Monty LeClair, is a retired career Seal sniper and a good friend of Larry Vickers. His company is highly regarded in the AR community. I have two of their complete DI rifles, as well as two of their lowers, one on my 16" Virtus and the other on a 14.5 516. You can get a lower from them stripped or completely built. You can also send them the sig trigger and backplate and they will install for you at no extra charge. Their pricing is mid-range but very good quality. Here is a photo of my complete 16" Virtus. Scope is an Accupoint 1-4 with red triangle (love that reticle).

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's crazy how much the mcx lowers are asking for right now.

I am in the same boat as you. I'm just going to wait it out.

I have another lower I can use so I'm not really worried about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts