SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sig's 2-stage trigger is currently backordered but I was wondering if anyone who's received one could provide some info such as feel, pull weight, and (if used on a MCX) which firing pin lock lever it works with.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Just installed my trigger. Much lighter pull. 1st stage is pretty short. Crisp break. I like it. Have only dry fired it, so no real action yet. Pain in the tailhole to get the pin back in on the hammer with the spring tension.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Received my MCX back from the mother ship last night. Very happy with what I see so far. They replaced the entire upper and both 5.56 and 300BO barrels (I had the original auto-regulating barrels). The new upper has the updated charging handle. I was surprised that the forward assist/shell deflector is plastic, my old one was metal. I had sent it in with a Timney trigger, they removed it (returned it also!) and installed their new 2 stage trigger. I like the way it feels! Interesting design to its components, unlike any AR trigger I have seen before. There is a "pin" on the right side of the hammer that the disconnector catches.

The firing pin safety lever on the new bolt is labeled with a "S", assuming this is "Standard" or "Sig". The hammer definitely has a strong spring behind it.

I will shoot it this weekend and hopefully all goes well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is SIG installing these 2-stage triggers as part of the MCX BCG recall, as a replacement for third party triggers that some people had already installed in their MCX? According to the OP we can order / backorder them through SIG CS?

Just curious because I have a brand new MCX and I love it except for one thing....the trigger. I swear I'm always checking to see if I left the safety on, that how darn hard to pull my MCX trigger is. I only have about 400 rds. through it using both a 5.56 and a 300BL upper so I haven't finished the 1000 rnd. trigger job yet.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Is SIG installing these 2-stage triggers as part of the MCX BCG recall, as a replacement for third party triggers that some people had already installed in their MCX? According to the OP we can order / backorder them through SIG CS?

Just curious because I have a brand new MCX and I love it except for one thing....the trigger. I swear I'm always checking to see if I left the safety on, that how darn hard to pull my MCX trigger is. I only have about 400 rds. through it using both a 5.56 and a 300BL upper so I haven't finished the 1000 rnd. trigger job yet.
When I sent mine in for the recall, I asked them to install the trigger for me and I would pay for it. By the time i called them to ask that, they said it was already fixed, boxed up and ready to ship back, so they would just mail me one separately. It took about a week and a half to get it. If you are sending g yours in for the recall, let them know right away you want one installed if they have any in stock, and they will probably do it for you, and maybe even free.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just installed mine today. First stage is light and short. However the 2nd stage is break at 5lb 12oz on average. On SIG website it is advertised as 4.5lb break. It is a decent battle trigger but I don't think it is a true match grade trigger.

·
Registered
206 Posts
When I sent mine in for the recall, I asked them to install the trigger for me and I would pay for it. By the time i called them to ask that, they said it was already fixed, boxed up and ready to ship back, so they would just mail me one separately. It took about a week and a half to get it. If you are sending g yours in for the recall, let them know right away you want one installed if they have any in stock, and they will probably do it for you, and maybe even free.

Mine was built after the recall so it already has the newest BCG and any other revisions they recently made. I shoots really nice except for the trigger pull. I'll see if it will "wear in". I've never upgraded triggers in any of my hand guns or rifles, just shot the best I could with the tools I was given, but this may be an exception.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just installed the Sig "Match Grade AR Trigger" (that's what the label on the bag called it) and the trigger pull is fantastic - especially by comparison to the factory unit. EVERY MCX should have one!

I put some lube on both sides of the sear/hammer interface and when pulled the second stage felt like 4lb.s to me - but I don't have a gauge. It isn't like any AR trigger I have used, installed or seen for that matter. It operates somewhat like an AK trigger in that there is a hammer sear catch jutting perpendicular to the side of the hammer that catches an offset sear (like a single hook AK trigger).

It's certainly not a $250 name brand match target trigger but for $102 and free shipping (they gave me a discount from 120), I am very happy and can't wait to get it out to the range.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My nephew has a MCX that was upgraded with the new bolt carrier. Sig also installed a Geissele SSA trigger while it was at the factory. The trigger is a 2 stage but has a 6lb pull. When they sent his gun back they included a $50. gift card. When he redeemed his card they also sent him the new Sig Match Trigger kit. So I installed it. It breaks at 4.5 to 5lbs. Well we went to the range and he charged the rifle and fired the first shot no problem. Then after that just a click. He cleared the round and found no strike on the primer. He tried 3 times and the same thing. It seems the hammer is not disengaging the firing pin lock on the carrier. I put the Geissele back in and it works fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My nephew has a MCX that was upgraded with the new bolt carrier. Sig also installed a Geissele SSA trigger while it was at the factory. The trigger is a 2 stage but has a 6lb pull. When they sent his gun back they included a $50. gift card. When he redeemed his card they also sent him the new Sig Match Trigger kit. So I installed it. It breaks at 4.5 to 5lbs. Well we went to the range and he charged the rifle and fired the first shot no problem. Then after that just a click. He cleared the round and found no strike on the primer. He tried 3 times and the same thing. It seems the hammer is not disengaging the firing pin lock on the carrier. I put the Geissele back in and it works fine.
That is because the firing pin lock is designed differently for the Geissele vs the Sig trigger. You need to swap the lock to the "S" version for the Sig trigger.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is the "S" version of the firing pin lock the one that came with the newer, post-recall bolt assembly? Can you put up a picture of the two versions of the lock?

I hope so, as the new SIG trigger should be designed to work with the newer, post-recall BCG!

Not to get too side tracked, but has anyone thought it a good idea to polish the corner of the hammer and the underside of the firing pin lock that make contact with each other?

ANSWER: I found a side by side comparison photo posted Joelpat here in March, It looks to me like the "S" part is in the new bolt carrier group. The "G" model has a G stamped into side of the part.

·
Registered
84 Posts
UPDATE

SIGs new "Match AR" trigger worked fine today - 180 rounds downrange without any problems.

HOWEVER, it really isn't a match trigger. I would say it is a decent combat/defense trigger. The trigger pull is such that it's better than an AR mil-spec but nowhere near a match Gieselle's crisp light feel.

I'll keep an eye out for reports of the new MCX Gieselle unit as an option down the road.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I was able to shoot mine today too for the first time. No problems, and had a good pull to it. For what I use it for, it's perfectly fine. I don't shoot in matches or competitions, so I am not very picky. I spent more time zeroing in my Romeo4a.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.