SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While traveling and on vacation I stopped in at a gun shop in Wilmington North Carolina and they are a Sig master dealer. His Sig ammo and magazines were a lot cheaper than elsewhere but his gun prices seemed about average. Does anyone know any other benefits that a master dealer may have that I should take advantage of while I am here? I did ask him if he could get an RX or an X5 but he said he could not get his hands on any at this time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Usually the benefit to customers is just a more robust selection and the ability to special order product with more of a priority

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
I believe the Master Dealer designation has to do with buying commitments thus priority stocking commitments. Along with that comes some service from Sig to dealer advantages.
If he doesn't have it, can't get it.....Sig swag maybe?

Manufactures used to work with/protect dealers ensuring they would have particular territories (only MD within 10 miles or some such and 1st stocking orders/exclusive product placement) that's not necessarily the norm anymore. The inventory isn't evenly distributed and with so many dealers, even master dealers, it can be "easier" to get a product from a distributor than straight from the manufacturer. Follow?

Reactions: agilmore01

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I believe the Master Dealer designation has to do with buying commitments thus priority stocking commitments. Along with that comes some service from Sig to dealer advantages.
If he doesn't have it, can't get it.....Sig swag maybe?

Manufactures used to work with/protect dealers ensuring they would have particular territories (only MD within 10 miles or some such and 1st stocking orders/exclusive product placement) that's not necessarily the norm anymore. The inventory isn't evenly distributed and with so many dealers, even master dealers, it can be "easier" to get a product from a distributor than straight from the manufacturer. Follow?
So it doesn't sound like I am missing out in much but some decent prices on mags and ammo. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts