SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see with the new 320 AXG the mags have Hi Vis followers. You think Sig will eventually use Hi Vis followers for all mags? Would you prefer it or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
What is the purpose of his vis followers? I've never seen the need, but I'm probably missing something.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Makes it easier to see the mag is empty.
Since ammo is not black as the Followers are...Isn't the Gold or Silver Ammo casings pretty easy to see if a Mag is empty or not.
My Mags stand upwards in my Range Bag..I can see at a Glance which Mags are loaded and which are not.
Even if I have a Mag laying on it's side I can see if it is Gold or Silver topped indicating Ammo.
Inserted I have never had a problem knowing if I am Loaded or not

With that said..I do not have a Problem with the new HiViz Followers..
If you really liked them I imagine at some point you can find HiViz Followers to update your Mags?
However this has been such a Non-Issue for me for like Ever I can't see that I would be spending my hard earned $$$ to add HiViz Followers to my Magazines.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Agreed... I like the idea but would not buy new "orange" mags to replace perfectly good "black" ones.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think the back of mag holes are a bigger deal.

You can see easily how many rounds are in there at a glance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
613 Posts
Does not the slide locking open tell you the same thing?
Not really. I've seen more than one premature lookback. It clearly showed that the magazine was empty. Not a bad safety feature. S&W went that route years ago on their 3rd Gen SA line. they did offer replacement followers at some point. Like Sig the magazine's were manufactured by a outside vendor.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
RDS40
premature lockback.
I have never had any of my Sig's or M&P's lock the Slide back when there is still a Round in the magazine.
That's what the "Follower" does but with a round in the Mag the Follower is still to low to push up on the Slide Lock Arm.
Unless you are physically pushing up on the Slide Lock while you are Shooting.

Kinda like the opposite for the P365 in that shooters have been known to hold the Slide Lock down and the Slide will not lock back after the last round..
Once they Adjust their hold the Slide will lock back every time on a empty Magazine.

So moral of the story is..
If you are having "Premature" Lock-back's of your Slide..Check your hold on the gun.
Make sure you are not pressing up on the Slide Lock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts