SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering the massive shortage of Sig P220 factory mags right now I was wondering how some of the aftermarket brands fare against them? I won't buy ProMag because I've never heard anything but bad reviews and negativity about their poor quality and terrible performance. As for Mec Gar, Novak, ACT, and any other big ticket brands I may have neglected.

Do any of you use these? I'm in "desperate" need of a standard 8 rnd mag because my new P220 came with only a 10 rnd extended and the infamous "free voucher" which I never heard anything about after the confirmation email. Conceal carry with the extended is more or less impossible for me.

·
Registered
22,028 Posts
Considering the massive shortage of Sig P220 factory mags right now I was wondering how some of the aftermarket brands fare against them? I won't buy ProMag because I've never heard anything but bad reviews and negativity about their poor quality and terrible performance. As for Mec Gar, Novak, ACT, and any other big ticket brands I may have neglected.

Do any of you use these? I'm in "desperate" need of a standard 8 rnd mag because my new P220 came with only a 10 rnd extended and the infamous "free voucher" which I never heard anything about after the confirmation email. Conceal carry with the extended is more or less impossible for me.
I have never seen Mec-Gar mags for the P220 in .45ACP. Only the Sig chrome-finished ones. I agree that I wouldn't put a ProMag in any of mine. Cabela's had some 8-round P220 .45ACP mags recently (I purchased some) but I just checked and they are "backorderable" now.

I had posted a notice on their availability on July 9th: http://sigtalk.com/guns/12154-cabela-s-has-sig-p220-8rnd-mags-2022-9mm-mags-others.html

Reactions: MEW

·
Registered
254 Posts
ACT-MAG Thumbs UP

I've got 4 ACT-MAGs, 2 blue versions came with the barely used P220 SAS and bought 2 nickel versions from Greg Cote LLC. Lots of rounds, no problems or issues or anything but what they are suppoosed to do - feed ammo. Would buy more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up getting an ACT. Thus far I'm extremely satisfied. Except for the finish its basically identical to the OEM. I haven't had the opportunity to fire it yet but I plan to in the near future since ill be carrying it. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I just picked up 2 off this forum Friday.....220-1 8 round factory mags. Contact Deadsea he might have a few more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The rear of one of my ACT mags cracked at edge leading up to feed lips. It functioned fine before it became a target.

As a general rule, only factory German or Italian mags for my SIG guns (only German mags for P220, they are a little more robust than MecGar). I will pay an extra $10-$15 each for piece of mind.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
The rear of one of my ACT mags cracked at edge leading up to feed lips. It functioned fine before it became a target.

As a general rule, only factory German or Italian mags for my SIG guns (only German mags for P220, they are a little more robust than MecGar). I will pay an extra $10-$15 each for piece of mind.
I thought I read somewhere that ACT/Novak mags are also made in Italy and the company is run by guys who used to be at Mec-Gar. I had heard about the ACT mags cracking around the feed lips, but thought that was a few years ago and that the problem had been addressed.:huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts