SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I follow a seller on Gunbroker by the name of SportsmanSupply, and it's one of the biggest sellers on there. They start at .01 and hardly ever have a reserve. Anyway, last week I put in what I thought was a lowball bid on a brand new Sig M400 Enhanced. I won the rifle for $722 and $25 shipping with no credit card usage fee. I will pay $20 bucks at my FFL, so for $767, I just bought my first AR. My son, who follows prices more than I do said it was a steal. Find two auctions by this seller for the same weapon you are interested in that closes out during the day on a weekday at about the same time and put in a bid. Be patient, I had to do it a few times before I won. I am retired so I have the time, but some of you may not. If you do, it may pay off. Or am I making too much of this deal? I know you can buy a Sport 2 for around $500 now, but most people I know seem to think the Sig is much better.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warning, no longer recommend this GB dealer

Sportsman Supply took the Romeo Red Dot sight (I didn't expect one to be on the rifle, but I did expect the magpul back flip up sight) that this particular serial number was supposed to come with (according to Sig), and sold the gun without any sights. But they advertised it as factory new. Nowhere in the ad did they say it didn't come with sights. The pics didn't include sights, and they said I should have known. I told the guy I thought they would be in a separate box and that I would have to apply them. I made a complaint to Gunbroker, but they do not protect the consumer, but the seller. I have not heard back from them yet. I complained to Sig, and they are gonna put a little pressue on them, but they are making money also. The best Mike said he could do was give me a discount on a Romeo Red dot, which I don't even know if I want or not. Yes, it's still a good price on the weapon, but not as good as I first thought. My pops was right, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

· Registered
53 Posts
Nice score. I got my M400 back in January. After 150 rounds I gave up on the Mil-Spec trigger and had a CMC 3.5 put in last week. The difference is like night and day. The factory trigger is really the only negative about this rifle. Headed to the range tomorrow to give her a go.

· 🎖USA Retired
4,492 Posts
Great deal on a nice rifle.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update on SportsmansSupply

SportsmansSupply on gunbroker has restored my faith in them. They finally sent me a Romeo Red Dot 4, free shipping and all, at no charge. I got it today....on my birthday. Thank the Lord!

· Registered
80 Posts
SportsmansSupply on gunbroker has restored my faith in them. They finally sent me a Romeo Red Dot 4, free shipping and all, at no charge. I got it today....on my birthday. Thank the Lord!

Always assume what is pictured is what you get. Going by model number might indicate additional factory accessories but that's from the factory. Once it's in the private sellers hands it's up to them how they want to sell that package. Factory new might just mean new.

You were fortunate to get the red dot after the fact but even if you didn't, add another $40 for the magpul rear sight and you still got a heck of a deal. Congrats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.