SIG Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sig+ gunbroker= another new Sig on the way(UPDATE with pics)

I have a bit of a problem. When I buy a new 45....I have to buy a 9mm in order to even things out. I also have a tough time turning down a decent deal.

Well, after receiving my new P220 carry SAS the hunt was on for a new 9mm. The hunt came to a screeching halt last night when a p225a auction ended on gunbroker with ME as the high bidder. I always give my local store a shot, but this was way too good.

Can't wait to get that sucker here!!!!:D:D

(UPDATE)

After getting home from my Great grandmother's funeral I noticed that I had a message on my voicemail. Hooray!! The new P225A-1 is here!

Looking at the pics online I was almost CERTAIN that I would change out the grips immediately as I REALLY like the Sig Medallion grips. But, these are GREAT in the hand and look MUCH better than the pics shown online. As a matter of fact, I dig the silvery white contrast against the graphite/black. The pics online showed almost a black on black color.

The trigger is smoother out of the box than my new P220 SAS carry. I couldn't be happier as far as first impressions go.

(side note) I AM still open to the idea of finding some sig medallion grips.....or JUST the medallions would be awesome.

Here she is....

·
Registered
22,203 Posts
Gunbroker is a baaaaad site. It has contributed to the loss of a Stingray that I could have had. :mad:

I just recently purchased a P220 SAS Gen 2 Carry! Picked it up at the end of last week. Didn't get a chance to shoot it Saturday and the ranges were closed on Sunday. :(

But it will get dirty this coming weekend! :D

Whatever you do, don't go on GunBroker after a tall drink of Captain Morgan 100 Proof!! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Gunbroker is a baaaaad site. It has contributed to the loss of a Stingray that I could have had. :mad:

I just recently purchased a P220 SAS Gen 2 Carry! Picked it up at the end of last week. Didn't get a chance to shoot it Saturday and the ranges were closed on Sunday. :(

Whatever you do, don't go on GunBroker after a tall drink of Captain Morgan 100 Proof!! :eek: :eek:
So that's the origin of "Guns and Alcohol do not mix".....often wondered.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

First, congrats on the new SAS. I am completely happy with mine.

Second...... I'm a little freaked out that you totally called that I was having drinks with the captain last night when I put my bid in on the P225a!! Private stock in several shots with a Maisel's weisse to wash it down.:cool:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the same problem. I bought a Walther PPK/S on GB, and then a few days later found a smoking deal on another Walther, same model. I'd had a couple of glasses of Jack Daniels at that point so somehow ended up accidentally pressing the "Buy it Now" button. Guess it's better than drinking and driving, but now I avoid GunBroker (and Amazon) when drinking.

·
Registered
142 Posts
They make it waaay to easy to pick up a new toy don't they??

Reactions: chris2814

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Be happy it is just another Sig. I have a buddy who got drunk went online and bought a trailer house in a small town near us that we are pretty sure was being used as a meth lab.
LMAO!!! In this county that would be totally possible!:lol::lol:

·
Registered
22,203 Posts
I haven't seen grips like that before. They are something new.
Very nice!

Reactions: chris2814
1 - 18 of 18 Posts