SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
At 50-ish years old and a big fan of Sig's hammer fired classics, I can appreciate those models and times... But that was when Sig was heading toward bankruptcy because so many agencies, and the public, were switched/switching to poly striker pistols.

I'm glad the tool named Cohen came in and turned things around so significantly by offering many new innovative models of pistols & rifles the public actually want to buy.

·
🎖USA Retired
394 Posts
I was deployed and away from home from Oct. 05 - Feb. 07. So we would do anything to get some good mail. I asked Sig for catalogs and some stickers. I think they sent 3 2006 catalogs. One was the Sig Tac clothing mostly vest and coats. I may still have them buried in my play room somewhere.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Based on sales, profitability, net worth, and growth, we are living in Sig's glory years right now. That said, those 2007 classic p-series pistols had a whole lot to do with Sig becoming the company it is today. Cohen however credits the company's entry into AR-15 manufacturing as saving the company's bacon.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
oh man, i had no idea actually.
i wasn't shopping for another handgun (since 1992) until my daughter graduated college (and it was paid for).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts