SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously posted a trigger bite problem with my new P320FS.
here is the thread: http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-modular-pistols/161330-p320-trigger-bite.html
After sending the gun to Sig to replace the stock trigger with the "adverse" version I'm happy to report a good outcome. It cost me 44 bucks including the price of the new trigger and shipping both ways but it was worth it. Plus, instead of the "3 to 4 weeks" estimated turnaround time, I got the gun back in 10 days. Took it out to the range and no more bite.

I would add that the Sig CS rep did a fine job of responding to my concerns. The only thing that would have made it better is if Sig would have done the repair under warranty for free. But all in all I'm satisfied.

I know from reading several posts that I'm not the only one that has experienced bite from the stock trigger so if you have the problem this likely will be the remedy.

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
money well spent, congratulations!!!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I previously posted a trigger bite problem with my new P320FS.
here is the thread: http://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-modular-pistols/161330-p320-trigger-bite.html
After sending the gun to Sig to replace the stock trigger with the "adverse" version I'm happy to report a good outcome. It cost me 44 bucks including the price of the new trigger and shipping both ways but it was worth it. Plus, instead of the "3 to 4 weeks" estimated turnaround time, I got the gun back in 10 days. Took it out to the range and no more bite.

I would add that the Sig CS rep did a fine job of responding to my concerns. The only thing that would have made it better is if Sig would have done the repair under warranty for free. But all in all I'm satisfied.

I know from reading several posts that I'm not the only one that has experienced bite from the stock trigger so if you have the problem this likely will be the remedy.
I agree that Sig should have done the work free. :confused:

I bought a trigger from a forum member at a good price. But that was just because it's easier to replace the trigger than ship the gun off.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have not heard of this "adverse" trigger of which you speak. Can you describe and/or show pictures.

Reactions: Mills

·
Registered
396 Posts
I agree that Sig should have done the work free. :confused: ....
He paid for the part and shipping. Sig didn't charge for labor, so it was replaced free. His gun wasn't broken, he wanted to install an optional part, so it wasn't a repair that would be covered under warranty. This way the OP comes out ahead because the new part is still covered under warranty since it was a factory replacement. Had he replaced the trigger himself, or had a gunsmith do it, the warranty may have been voided on the trigger.

Anyway, I like happy endings!

·
Banned
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He paid for the part and shipping. Sig didn't charge for labor, so it was replaced free. His gun wasn't broken, he wanted to install an optional part, so it wasn't a repair that would be covered under warranty. This way the OP comes out ahead because the new part is still covered under warranty since it was a factory replacement. Had he replaced the trigger himself, or had a gunsmith do it, the warranty may have been voided on the trigger.

As the OP, I concur it was a happy ending. :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
I agree that Sig should have done the work free. :confused:

Glad the OP got it squared away, and $44 is a small price to pay for the outcome.

That said IMO SIG should have done it for free. Being able to shoot the gun without it hurting shouldn't be an "option" it should be SIG's goal. This is a known issue for many shooters, and SIG should own the situation, and make it right without cost. The OP bought a gun with a reasonable expectation that it wouldn't hurt to shoot any more than every other gun...SIG should want to fulfill that expectation. The OP did not have an "optional part" installed, he had a necessary part installed.

Nothing against SIG, I still love mine, and will buy more...but it would be a better ending and a more customer focused story, were it done under warranty at no charge.

Reactions: stbear and LGM

·
Registered
396 Posts
That said IMO SIG should have done it for free. Being able to shoot the gun without it hurting shouldn't be an "option" it should be SIG's goal. This is a known issue for many shooters, and SIG should own the situation, and make it right without cost. The OP bought a gun with a reasonable expectation that it wouldn't hurt to shoot any more than every other gun...SIG should want to fulfill that expectation.
I haven't heard or read about this being a common problem. Most of the comments I am aware of have describe the trigger as very good excellent.

The OP did not have an "optional part" installed, he had a necessary part installed.
The OP bought a gun with a standard factory trigger. The adverse trigger is a special order, upgrade trigger and special orders are optional.

I understand your sentiment, but don't agree that Sig responded poorly in the way they handled this customer's request.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts