SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Sig's FDE and Desert Tan are the same? FDE is what the 938 Scorpion and many others have, and it's a flat tan color, but there is also a Desert Tan in their M11-A1 line which may be more metallic and greener looking. Hard to tell from online pictures. I saw one of the latter at a gun show but didn't write down what color / model # it was.

·
Registered
22,203 Posts
All Scorpions are exactly the same. FDE Cerakote.

The only one that has a difference is the 1911 Emperor Scorpion which is an FDE Nitron finish and it is also used on the slides of the all-FDE P320s.

ETA: The M11-A1 FDE is also the same FDE Cerakote that is on the Scorpion models. Also the same on the FDE MK25.

The P220 Combat, P226 Combat and P229 Combat, a P938 Combat, and a P238 Combat, have a "FDE" Anodized alloy finish on the frame. It is a metallic look that looks gold in some light.

There is also a P239 (not 938) that is called the P238 Desert. It has a light tan Cerakote frame with an FDE (Scorpion color) Cerakote slide. But it isn't a Scorpion. It is called the "Desert".

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good to know info, thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Alabama. I went to a couple of LGSs today to check it all out and can confirm what you said to be accurate. Combat is more metallic looking rather than a flat paint type texture/color.

·
Registered
22,203 Posts
Oh, I LOVE my Combats!

My "FDE" anodized-frame Combat family.

Another shot of my P229 Combat

My FDE Cerakote MK25-D on the right.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts