SIG Talk banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
55,365 Posts
If Sig US wants to produce the same or even better quality than the Germans the can, but that costs money and profits rule the day. Make no mistake if there’s a market for any product someone will fill that void. It’s all about the money.
sig usa has enough qc issues, the thought of them producing german quality, master-shop guns is wishful hoping.

Reactions: dmacc3

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
No doubt they were the best of the best in their day, but I hope these great craftsmen and women come to USA where we will welcome them with open ARMS

·
Registered
424 Posts
There’s a lot more going on, in the political world, that’s contributed directly to Sig Germany’s demise.

The US perspective is probably that the DOD Contract for Sig USA was a GOOD thing for the company... in reality, nothing could be further from the truth. In the current world political climate, no European Government would want their arms manufacturers winning and servicing US DOD contracts. The Sig USA - Sig Germany “importer” model became an embarrassment that was just too easy to target. From a European perspective, the Columbia Shenanigans was just the excuse Germany needed, to lead Sig Germany out back behind the barn...

We sometimes forget over here, how much the EU Governments detest our current political “leader”. In their own words*, they see a leaderless US ship about to run aground, while a madman rushes around the deck, telling everyone who will listen how great he is. Any German company with a US subsidiary handling US contracts is likely doomed... unless a November Election result appears to start healing the chasm of hate between the EU and the US.

* https://www.politico.eu/article/donald-trump-eu-strategy-nothing-g7-summit-angela-merkel/

·
Registered
6 Posts
After you open the link tap the three dots above the top margin and open in Chrome. If you have a translate app installed it's a tap away from English language. I use it for Twitter and foriegn news.

·
Registered
55,365 Posts
After you open the link tap the three dots above the top margin and open in Chrome. If you have a translate app installed it's a tap away from English language. I use it for Twitter and foriegn news.
agreed, i used to like chrome but now only use it for quick translations, firefox the primary.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
There’s a lot more going on, in the political world, that’s contributed directly to Sig Germany’s demise.

The US perspective is probably that the DOD Contract for Sig USA was a GOOD thing for the company... in reality, nothing could be further from the truth. In the current world political climate, no European Government would want their arms manufacturers winning and servicing US DOD contracts. The Sig USA - Sig Germany “importer” model became an embarrassment that was just too easy to target. From a European perspective, the Columbia Shenanigans was just the excuse Germany needed, to lead Sig Germany out back behind the barn...

We sometimes forget over here, how much the EU Governments detest our current political “leader”. In their own words*, they see a leaderless US ship about to run aground, while a madman rushes around the deck, telling everyone who will listen how great he is. Any German company with a US subsidiary handling US contracts is likely doomed... unless a November Election result appears to start healing the chasm of hate between the EU and the US.

* https://www.politico.eu/article/donald-trump-eu-strategy-nothing-g7-summit-angela-merkel/
Hopefully the Europeans don’t get their way, lord knows we don’t want to end up like them. Realistically the German government was just waiting for a excuse to go after Sig and I’m sure HK is next. They won’t stop until any shred of freedom is gone.

·
Registered
785 Posts
...Realistically the German government was just waiting for a excuse to go after Sig and I’m sure HK is next. They won’t stop until any shred of freedom is gone.
HK is experiencing financial difficulties as well. And the illegal HK arms sales/transfer to Mexico that happened 2 years ago hasn't helped either.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
HK is experiencing financial difficulties as well. And the illegal HK arms sales/transfer to Mexico that happened 2 years ago hasn't helped either.
HK should just give the German government a one finger salute and move to the US, they could then take full advantage of the largest civilian market in the world.

·
Registered
424 Posts
No doubt they were the best of the best in their day, but I hope these great craftsmen and women come to USA where we will welcome them with open ARMS
You are joking, right? Germany ranks as one of top ten countries in the World to live in, by all the standards (lifespan, happiness, stress, income, etc.); we don’t squeak into the top ten in nearly all of those polls.

And, don’t forget that Our Delusional Leader has just (5 days ago) blocked the entire H-1B visa (high technology & specialty workers) program; up to half a million of the most valuable people in the World can now cross “Worked in the USA” off their list of opportunities.

“Putting up a ‘not welcome’ sign for engineers, executives, IT experts, doctors, nurses and other workers won’t help our country, it will hold us back,” said Thomas J. Donohue, the chief executive of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. “Restrictive changes to our nation’s immigration system will push investment and economic activity abroad, slow growth and reduce job creation.”

But hey, with our current track on the COVID-19 Pandemic, I already knew it was going to be somewhat tricky to hire foreign skilled workers, anyway.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Regarding Germany.

Their internal politics is far left and of course they will go after their "own" firearms manufacturers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I guess “Made in Germany” isn’t as valued there as it is here
Hey, don't think that that was the problem.

This is another interesting link (I have nothing to do with that homepage).

There it seemed like all weapons and production maschines had been attached because of a sentence for selling weapons to Colombia.

And that there are investigations because of weapon shippments to Mexico (because Sig Sauer USA belongs to a German holding or something like that ?????).

61 - 74 of 74 Posts