SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
21,620 Posts
I can't remember at the moment; Is Eckernförde where the Mastershop X5/X6/etc. are made?

·
Registered
21,620 Posts

·
Banned
909 Posts
For those with German Sig's, I just checked MMBI website and the pistols they have listed as in USA and for sale had all of there prices replaced with a Email notation. Your pistols may have just increased in value by $500 or more each. They (X5/6) pistols have been advertised as collectible for some time. It appears now there really are collectible since there will be no more soon.

·
Banned
909 Posts
Unknown, Germany is currently the sole source of these.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What spare parts do we need other than extractor....

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Probably depends on what you want to do with the gun.
If you ever want to shoot in Standard or Open division you could modify an Allround for that purpose, using Sig parts.

I'm just trying to figure out what parts are most likely to break. Obviously the extractor is one but I wonder about wear and tear on the slide stop for example.

If you're one of those who have done very little to your gun but may want to, you may want to look into getting an srt-kit, grip plates, an extended mag release and/or a "Supermatch" takedown lever.

·
Registered
122 Posts
USA made X5E frames exist. They were showcased in the white via a long deleted instagram post. Sig has the ability to produce them stateside but hasn't, though I think that the P210 'Murica edition was a soft opening to see if the market would pay up for a "premium" small batch gun.

·
Registered
21,620 Posts
I wonder if perhaps Sig USA might pick up the "X Series/Mastershop" production.

Of course that begs the question if Sig USA could produce the quality we have seen coming out of Germany?
Long ago, after Germany banned SIG from exporting, SIG US said they planned to start producing the X-guns here. It never happened. It took a long time before SIG NH started making the stainless frames for the SSE models (that are now discontinued).
I won't believe anything like that until I see it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
How will this affect the x series guns? Does that mean no more p226 x guns? or p210... what about the new steel frame p320?
This may well effectively kill the steel frame version. Word on the street was, at least one big distributor was planning to bring these in as soon as this month, more likely August, but this development is not unexpected. When you look at what’s being used in European IPSC, it’s not much wonder there isn’t enough business to keep the euro company going, particularly in light of the export bans.

Thanks, Angela.

·
Registered
55,362 Posts
This may well effectively kill the steel frame version. Word on the street was, at least one big distributor was planning to bring these in as soon as this month, more likely August, but this development is not unexpected. When you look at what’s being used in European IPSC, it’s not much wonder there isn’t enough business to keep the euro company going, particularly in light of the export bans.

Thanks, Angela.
was that the same vendor, tied to lipsys a while back, that supposedly had a direct pipeline on the all german sigs??

they could only bring in current production, if they actually have access to it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
How will this affect the x series guns? Does that mean no more p226 x guns? or p210... what about the new steel frame p320?
Sig steel guns have seen their end with Sig Germany folding. In all likelihood, Sig USA will not build these guns because there is little to no profit to be made.

·
Registered
673 Posts
wow, what a sad turn of events for an iconic company.......

Reactions: HODY905

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Sig steel guns have seen their end with Sig Germany folding. In all likelihood, Sig USA will not build these guns because there is little to no profit to be made.
It's not a profit issue.

SIG USA does NOT have the craftsmanship or the attention of detail to manufacture a pistol any where near the quality of German craftsmanship.

Look through the bore of any German manufactured barrel & compare it to any SIG USA manufactured broach rifled barrel.

Heck,SIG USA can NOT manufacture twisted wire recoil springs.

·
Banned
909 Posts
The X 5 and X 6 are selling for $4 K-$5K each in the USA right now. An all steel P226 with a 5 or 6 inch barrel, off the rack production gun, would not be much different than a 1911 to build. Ship it to a competition gunsmith and pay $2K to turn it into a match gun would cost less than $5K.

The question Sig USA would have to answer is what is the USA market for a production P220/226 all steel 5" and 6" guns. If that were seen to be profitable then they might go after the X version sales. Craftsmanship is a separate issue.

Personally, I think the X P226 and P220 pistol production is history. Time will tell.

Reactions: bearone2
21 - 40 of 74 Posts