SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
P365 EDC Championship RulesGENERAL: • Cold Range, competitors will only go hot under the direction of a safety officer. • Safe Tables are available, No ammunition allowed on body or table, No reloading practice allowed. • Muzzle safe points, unless marked are the limits of the backstop and vary range to range. • Additional safety rules will be governed by stage and range requirements, each stage having a brief addressing any safety concerns and the course of fire. • IDPA Range commands will be used. • Concealment is required, same type must be used on all stages. No weights or materials added to garment. Stage brief may exempt use. • Mags loaded to 12 rounds max unless directed higher or lower by the stage brief. • Reloads – Any safe reload is allowed. • Match Director will verify all DQ’s; unsafe gun handling or mechanical condition, engaging steel closer than 10 yards, un-sportsman like demeanor, squad jumping.TARGETS and SCORING: • Reactive steel must fall or swing out of competitor’s view, remaining steel is scored as a miss. • IDPA cardboard targets will be used. Each point down = 1 second added to the raw time. • Hits on Non-Threats = 5 seconds per hit added to the raw time. Five NT hit match limit = Recommend you have a good lawyer on retainer, add 50 points to your score as an additional penalty. • Miss = 5 seconds added to the raw time. • Procedural penalties - Simple procedural = 3 seconds added to your time. Flagrant procedural = 10 seconds added to your time. Failure To Do Right (FTDR) = 20 seconds added to your time. MD has final approval on FP's and FTDR's. • Re-shoots – None, except in the case of a range equipment failure or safety officer error or interference.EQUIPMENT • Only SIG SAUER P365 series pistols chambered in 9mm will be used. • Sights- Iron, laser and carry optic sights. Refer to match bulletin for division requirements. • Ammunition, No minimum power factor requirements, no steel or solid copper core. • Holsters, shall be belt mounted, shall fully cover the trigger guard, and shall be suitable for concealed carry EDC use. The following types are strictly prohibited: Pocket Carry, Shoulder/chest, Cross-Draw, Small of the Back, Fanny-Pack, Soft sided holders, Belly Band types and magnetic. MD has final approval. • Mags/Mag Holder, any concealment type, minimum of three magazines are required for the event.

Sounds like a IDPA event to me!

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,770 Posts
Squad 32.

Yes, there are things to be determined. I'm getting more the sense that it'll be IDPAish stages and procedures.
I think you are right - this is from Practiscore:
TARGETS and SCORING: • Reactive steel must fall or swing out of competitor’s view, remaining steel is scored as a miss. • IDPA cardboard targets will be used. Each point down = 1 second added to the raw time. • Hits on Non-Threats = 5 seconds per hit added to the raw time. Five NT hit match limit = Recommend you have a good lawyer on retainer, add 50 points to your score as an additional penalty. • Miss = 5 seconds added to the raw time. • Procedural penalties - Simple procedural = 3 seconds added to your time. Flagrant procedural = 10 seconds added to your time. Failure To Do Right (FTDR) = 20 seconds added to your time. MD has final approval on FP's and FTDR's. • Re-shoots – None, except in the case of a range equipment failure or safety officer error or interference.

·
Registered
292 Posts
But in this competition, they aren't using the traditional IDPA categories. They have specific categories for P365 and P365XL. That leaves the P365X kind of in limbo.
I assume the P365X with and optic sight will be carry optics, no optic will be a Stock P365XL division???
I will email them to find out!

From Sig site:

Stock P365 division: No modifications allowed to firearm or magazines.
  • Stock P365XL division: No modifications allowed. (includes stock P365 with XL grip)
  • Carry Optics: Stock P365 series pistol with mounted optic only.
  • Open division: Modified P365 series pistols that do not fit in other categories. May be outfitted with aftermarket products including optics, frames, triggers, barrels, comps, lights, lasers, mag wells, weighted magazines (list not exhaustive).

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,770 Posts
I assume the P365X with and optic sight will be carry optics, no optic will be a Stock P365XL division???

From Sig site:

• Stock P365XL division: No modifications allowed. (includes stock P365 with XL grip)
  • Open division: Modified P365 series pistols that do not fit in other categories. May be outfitted with aftermarket products including optics, frames, triggers, barrels, comps, lights, lasers, mag wells, weighted magazines (list not exhaustive).
As I mentioned before, it will be interesting how they are going to deal with things like aftermarket triggers - move you to Open?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I don't think it's (XL) well suited for competition. The grip is too small and the base of my averaged sized hand drags on ejected magazines. I, and I know others, have pinched our hand slamming home magazines. Granted mods could be made to help, but for CCP, SSP or CO the P320 is be a better choice.

I think it's better suited for CCW and a competion with just P365s gives every one more equal equipment footing.

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
613 Posts
I don't think it's (XL) well suited for competition. The grip is too small and the base of my averaged sized hand drags on ejected magazines. I, and I know others, have pinched our hand slamming home magazines. Granted mods could be made to help, but for CCP, SSP or CO the P320 is be a better choice.

I think it's better suited for CCW and a competion with just P365s gives every one more equal equipment footing.
I have big mitts...and I have no problem with magazine changes. Around 3-4 seconds (while stowing the ejected mag in a pocket and inserting the new one from a mag pouch, per IDPA rules). I don’t think there will be any problem with the 365XL in the competition.

·
Registered
292 Posts

The P365 grip is even smaller, how this can be an advantage???

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It's not an advantage for competition. And I should have used the word short, not small. The heel/bottom of the hand interferes with the mag well on short gripped guns. If you're manually pulling out magazines and retaining them, not that big a deal, but for some of competition (IDPA) shooting you want the mag to drop free and clear on it's own. That's a problem.

Now if you're having a competition like Sig's EDC, then everybody has to contend with the same problem. Level playing field.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
But in this competition, they aren't using the traditional IDPA categories. They have specific categories for P365 and P365XL. That leaves the P365X kind of in limbo.
When this event was discussed, during the downtime of a Sig "Staff Class" on Feb 20th, the 365X was not yet released. Chad Barber who is the brains behind this event and thought it up will figure out something by the time July rolls around.

The P365 grip is even smaller, how this can be an advantage???
Using a 12 round magazine any advantage disappears. I'm guessing the 365X RX will be in the Carry Optics class. But that's a guess on my part.

·
Registered
613 Posts
A little over a week until the event…who’s coming?? 😀

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'm Shooting on Friday. A new local shooter lucked out and is on the pro-squad. I hope they don't bump her off. She'll be shooting with Miclek, Muller, Strader, Bane...

·
Registered
613 Posts

From Sig site:

I guess the resolved the 365X issue by adding a new category. This just came from Sig:

So it looks like they've changed the categories -- but my Practiscore page still shows me in the "P365XL" category, which appears to have gone away! :oops:

Oh, well -- it won't matter to me -- I won't be anywhere near the top for it to make a difference! :LOL:

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's a beautiful day for the first day of the competition! Sunny and a high of 80 today. Sig sent out the match guide last night with the 13 stages -- looks like it will be fun!! :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The match is a lot of fun. Not much movement. stages are not that difficult but a few are challenging. One requires hitting a steel target out at 65 yards. One of the earlier stages are a swinging that's just nuts. Today was the second day of the event. Weather should be good for the next two.

Water is available at every stage. I wouldn't bother dragging a chair because you wont be sitting much. the strings are short.

Lena Miculek stopped by during the staff's lunch. She's always so nice but this was the first time she had her dpg. Spent 10 minutes on my knees giving belly rubs. Then if I stopped I got the sad puppy look. ,

·
Registered
613 Posts
The match is a lot of fun. Not much movement. stages are not that difficult but a few are challenging. One requires hitting a steel target out at 65 yards. One of the earlier stages are a swinging that's just nuts. Today was the second day of the event.
That Holy Monkey is more like “Holy ****”! 😳

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
(Clearing throat) Cleaned the Bird watching monkey. Of course I winged a bystander in the process. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So different. Easy for new shooter yet challenging the skills of ranked shooters, and middle of the road folks like me. The idea was to present stages that you are most likely to encounter in everyday carry. And we had a lot of first time competitors. 50% on my squad. It was amazing seeing them improve over the course of the day.

Cleaned the Bird Watching stage with the jumping monkey. Hit the 65yd steel on 2nd shot. Finished 46th/131 overall, 12th in the Stock 365XL division, 6th Vet and 8th Senior.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts